• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DRFVDR said:

30 day right of return

take it back

cancel any money u paying on it

Payed for it out right in cash mate,The guy said there's no mechanic on site So he can't do much about it,he said even if i take the car in he has the same knowledge i have about it over heating and will go through the basics like filling the radiator with water and the coolant resevior with coolant.I don't know what to do now,But he is not taking the car back,Just waiting for the mechanic to call and praying to god it aint my head gasket :'(

caspros said:

Who did you pay ? The dealer or someone else ?

Payed The dealer in Cash at the Cashier.But since it's an auction place and i bought the car outright,they said the car is from a vender and they are just middle-men,so they can't do anything about it,I am screwed :(

uwa8nc']

[quote name='caspros said:

Who did you pay ? The dealer or someone else ?

/quote]

Payed The dealer in Cash at the Cashier.But since it's an auction place and i bought the car outright,they said the car is from a vender and they are just middle-men,so they can't do anything about it,I am screwed :(

Ah right, sorry, I thought you said you got it from a dealer. Actually, wait, you did say that a few times ? Did you mean auction ?

Hey guys's the dealer has refused to take the car back and i have called over 10 automotive repair shops,the mechanic said that he is 99% sure that i have a blown headgasket.

Do you guys know any mechanic's who would change my head gasket for a subaru legacy B4 2000 for a reasonable price?

Please let me know asap.

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!:(

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

b4 2000 is non turbo? either way you wont get away with less than $1100 and dont pay more than $1600

failing that.. post HELP WANTED in your area section as a new topic, and maybe some of the crew who know how to fix things can help you out..

sorry to hear bout your car mate, youll love it when its fixed!!

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

b4 2000 is non turbo? either way you wont get away with less than $1100 and dont pay more than $1600

failing that.. post HELP WANTED in your area section as a new topic, and maybe some of the crew who know how to fix things can help you out..

sorry to hear bout your car mate, youll love it when its fixed!!

Called quite a few automotive places and getting quotes between 1600$ - 4000 $ to change head gaskets lol.So right now its all about who is the best guy for the job among all these mechanics.

just waiting on one more test from the mechanic telling me whether it is 100% my head gasket or not.

It is a Legacy B4 2000,and it is the twin-turbo model.I have had to many manual turbo's so got a tiptronic one for a change so every one in the house can drive it.

anyways,Fingers crossed again.

Ezybuy car auction's were the Noobs that sold me the car,Can't believe its only been 48 hour's and i haven't even had the chance to drive the car properly.Shocker :(

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

flip!!!!!!!

thats waaaaaaay to expensive..

ANYONE OUT THERE CAN HELP THIS DUDE OUT??

It is,Plus my dad's not happy at all he can't believe that a dealer sold us a car knowing that the head gasket was gone,and on the phone he tells me,"when you took the car for a drive around the block" when buying the car,it never over-heated then did it?i go it over heated the minute i drove out from your place ... so i pulled over at the 1st BP i saw and filled my radiator with water thinking you guys forgot to do so.

He goes " well its not my problem now is it,You signed on the dotted line " you should have read our terms and conditions " all cars we sell here are on a " as is,where is Basis" i was like this is unbelievable,oh well.What ever goes around comes around.hope that guy get's what he deserves.

As for me.Coming up with anything over 1200$ is a mission right now.Still praying it ain't my head-Gasket :'(!

Guest boostcut

buy right cars in auckland? unless it was an auction, you have a 7 day right of return, no matter who you bought it from

go in there and tell them about fair go, and the lmvda and how they can get involved.

failing this, i would take great pride in taking a car for a test drive, and kerbing the fuck out of the wheels on it.

uwa8nc said:

Hey guys's the dealer has refused to take the car back and i have called over 10 automotive repair shops,the mechanic said that he is 99% sure that i have a blown headgasket.

Do you guys know any mechanic's who would change my head gasket for a subaru legacy B4 2000 for a reasonable price?

Please let me know asap.

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!:(

Mate, could you please clarify, dealer or auction ??

Bought the car of ezybuy auction's ..So they sell on behalf of a tender. The auction was for next week but i gave them an offer on the car which was close to their reserve so they called up the guy who's selling through the auctioner's and he agreed to the price.To my luck no one mentioned it had over-heating issues :(

My fricken god that's expensive for a HG job >:( Where are you? I'm SURE we can do better up here in AKL ($200 to get all the surfaces planed, a few hundy for proper HGs, and pay a CS mechanic to reassemble/disassemble)...

Shale said:

My fricken god that's expensive for a HG job >:( Where are you? I'm SURE we can do better up here in AKL ($200 to get all the surfaces planed, a few hundy for proper HGs, and pay a CS mechanic to reassemble/disassemble)...

Lol i am in Auckland mate In Central/West Auckland Infact,Will look more into that act and see what i can do about it.But yeah for now i am just waiting on the mechanic's final verdict of whether it is the Head Gasket or not.

Don't know what else it could be to be honest,But say if it was the head Gasket wouldn't the Engine Check Light Come on?When driving the car?

So relieved,it wasn't the headgasket,he did a Gas Test or something and the colour of the gas that showed on a guage indicated that the headgasket is fine,it was the thermostat causing the issue.

So hes taken the thermostat off completely,is it safe to drive with out it on?

Dosen't it affect the guage?

He has told me to drive the car around for a few days and see whether it still heats up,but when he took it for a test drive after running a few tests he said it was all fine.

So i am wondering whether i should buy a thermostat off him for 60$ + labour.

As he just charged me 280$ to tell me it wasn't my headgasket.

Do you guys know a place where i can't get a thermostat cheaper than that?..

Ummmmmm...try getting a genuine one from Subaru NZ or one of the dealers like Winger subaru. And the b*tchy part about getting to the thermostat is that you have to take the waterpump off, which means the cambelt has to come off, which is a SOD of a job. That's why it was so expensive :P

Edit: And bloody take it to Highbrook Auto already. Alex will sort you out :P

Shale said:

Ummmmmm...try getting a genuine one from Subaru NZ or one of the dealers like Winger subaru. And the b*tchy part about getting to the thermostat is that you have to take the waterpump off, which means the cambelt has to come off, which is a SOD of a job. That's why it was so expensive :P

Edit: And bloody take it to Highbrook Auto already. Alex will sort you out :P

lol,will do if anything else stuff's up.Hope alex aint too pricey though.

So do you reckon the amount the mechanic charged me was fair?

Also,another questions.At idle why does the car shake a little..like a faint rattle?Or is it just that it's a subaru ? lol

What's MORE Subaru here is it being a bit pricy to get going properly. Knock that cheap right outta you now boy! ;) I'll say it again. You get what you pay for.

The mechanic charged an average price for the sort of work done. Alex will be about the same, but I trust him with my life (and my cars).

Slight shake at idle...running a bit rough. Even my ol' Leggy doesn't do it.

Time to cough up and get Alex to have a squiz at it. ;) Get a quote if you are nervous about wallet rape.

And if you want a car that is cheap/free to maintain...that's what Corollas are for ;D

Shale said:

What's MORE Subaru here is it being a bit pricy to get going properly. Knock that cheap right outta you now boy! ;) I'll say it again. You get what you pay for.

The mechanic charged an average price for the sort of work done. Alex will be about the same, but I trust him with my life (and my cars).

Slight shake at idle...running a bit rough. Even my ol' Leggy doesn't do it.

Time to cough up and get Alex to have a squiz at it. ;) Get a quote if you are nervous about wallet rape.

And if you want a car that is cheap/free to maintain...that's what Corollas are for ;D

haha very true,got to buy myself a corolla now after owning 2 subaru's and a few evo's lol.Shocker.

The car's not running rough,just shake's a little at idle.i have only owned it for 3 days lol,it's been at the mechanic's the whole of yesterday,may be ill get used to it :)

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 uwa8nc said:

As he just charged me 280$ to tell me it wasn't my headgasket.

Do you guys know a place where i can't get a thermostat cheaper than that?..

didnt you get quoted $1600-$4000 ???