Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V7 STI info

Hi all.

I'm looking at buying a '01 V7 STI, and just have a couple questions.

What option are there for these, and are there any options that i don't want to go without?

do any of them come with DCCD?

are there any common problem I need to look out for, other than cambelt?

I think thats all for now.

Thanks ???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostcut

the sti is pretty much the fully optioned car from the factory, yes some come with dccd and check for regular servicing, as this will show you how the car has been treated. do you know if its nz new?

Thanks, well I haven't found "the" car yet, still looking, don't have a hell of a lot of money so I imagine it will be an import. I've mainly been focusing my search at dealers, so I could a warranty.

Guest boostcut

if you havnt got a hell of alot of money

dealers=lots of money.

private would be the way to go, just get a lumley or autosure warranty privately for about 1500bucks- then drive it as hard as you can, fuck the engine and box, then get some new gear in there and your sweet.

Guest boostcut

yeah, im not saying they are all expensive, just the majority are about 3-5k over priced. you can get a tidy v7 sti for under 15k. when dealers still want 20 for them

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a 2001 Sti Type RA which I could probably budget for. the RA model has the same motor as the STI and makes the same power correct?

they vary in weight and dif/gear box and little vent in the roof, is that all?. I've hear the earlier RA's have alot of road noise is this the same case in the V7?

And are they noticeably faster?

Less underseal and less insulation.

Sounds more exciting but no faster than standard.

Pick of the bunch is the MY02 STI Type RA Spec C.

More weight loss through deletion of front subframe, thinner glass , thinner roof and boot, loss fo airbags, smaller fuel tank etc

ECU revisions produce no more power but more torque and responsiveness.

the newer RA's are pretty much the same to live with as the normal sti but being an RA its always going to be more "special" .. :)

if u get the wind up windows one then it can be a pain lol.. if u lazy like me

but pretty much its a decent everyday/track ready combo car and i wud adv sti over the wrx just like others have.. u will not be left wanting sti upgrades like many wrx owners have in the past (me included) :D

I have just got a V7 STI and after being prepared to walk away from the dealer, I got mine for 14k. I even made them do the cambelt first. Dealers are hurting for sales, so its a buyers market.

It helps that it is by far the best car I have owned.