Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

A little bit more power???

Garryg

a good ebc for the kill... or a tap for the cheaper solution

i found the gated taps bring boost rather well compared to the factory curve and its fairly cheap too (wont advise putting more than a few pounds up anyway unless u happy to risk the engine)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loren said:

NOS. Best bang for your buck mod known to man. Oh and have you tried the accelerator? You know it goes all the way to floor right?

I put a 75hp nos kit in my former 90rs with V3sti. The nos really was overkill.It cost me about 900 with fitting.Then more to tune it on the dyno.And I had it in the car for 5 years. The few times I used it were on the track.And never used it on the public road. Car already had an early link in it and a great tune got me more than enough power.A boost tap in the engine bay is a quick way to get a little more grunt, but as mentioned Dont increase the psi by much.Intake and exhaust should gain you a few hp.

And yeah its strange that most people never find the floor with the accelerator.

• 2 weeks later...

On bg5 theres a vacum pipe mod on pipe 10 and a similar one for be/bh which makes boost 16/16 reduces vod i have done to both models and makes a huge difference in acceleration both cars have done over 30k with mod. DONT put boost tap in tt subs it takes control of boost away from ecu and is asking for big trouble thats what blew 1st motor in bg5

acidbath said:

On bg5 theres a vacum pipe mod on pipe 10 and a similar one for be/bh which makes boost 16/16 reduces vod i have done to both models and makes a huge difference in acceleration both cars have done over 30k with mod. DONT put boost tap in tt subs it takes control of boost away from ecu and is asking for big trouble thats what blew 1st motor in bg5

What is the mod? Might give it a go....

Cheers

OK...need to find the problem!!

Having trawled through a number of posts everyone else seems to be getting 8-10psi primary and 12-14psi secondary!!

I've had my ECU reset....no difference still 6psi then 7??? the diagnostics also coming up with nothing...no error codes..

What do I need to check?? Was thinking of paying out for the reflash & Dyno, but will this give the results I'm looking for?? If it would....probably be money well spent!!

If this is the way I go, where would be the best place and what would be the costs?

Cheers

Garryg']

[quote name='acidbath said:

/quote]

What is the mod? Might give it a go....

Cheers

Open bonnet.

Standing looking in, go to right hand side where the battery is.

Just above, in the inner wing, you will see the vac lines numbered 10 and 23.

Hose 23 (to wastegate solenoid)

You need to unplug hose 23 and not number 10 near the passenger wing.

This will slow down your boost to about 5-7 PSI and you need to gently run

the car for about 5 minutes. (essentially clears the line)

Then after reconnect the hose 23 and do the Mod with hose 10

Mod hose 10 (bleed off from wastegate solenoid)

In line 10 there is a small hose joiner approx 15cm down the hose.

Gently prise the hose apart here.

Leave the end going into the inner wing open.

The other end heading away into the engine intake gets blanked off.

(essentially shortening the bleed off hose length/restriction)

Then secure the now loose hose 10 and know where find it if you change your mind

Cheers Telem....

Disconnected 23 and ran a wee bit....I actually got 10psi from the primary...just what I'm trying to achieve (wish I could just leave it off)!!

Anyway replaced this and blanked of 10 as mentioned.....Doesn't seem to have done very much really! Back to the drawing board???

pappu said:

its cos car is knocking bro.. did u get tht sorted yet?

Running 98 with an octane booster seems to have resolved it? Will keep an eye on it for a while before I do anything!

Am also booking it in for a reflash and Dyno.....the guy I spoke to said this would resolve it completely.

Cheers

acidbath said:

Have you checked if it has restricter pill in it? its on line 23 down on primary turbo theres a boost source that goes to T and to wastegate actuator should be in there.

img37341.jpg

Stupid question....But if it does, how do you remove it?

Cheers

Hi Again....

Have you ever gone to your car hoping in anticipation something is not there.....

Checked for the restrictor pill and it's not there! Looks as though this short piece of pipe hase been replaced at some point....

Where can I get one of these? While I'm at it....is there meant to be one of these in both sides?

Thanks for all your help!!!

Cheers

pickapart should have plenty there for you man.

Or even trademe.

However i think some people (Gazzy2000?) have experienced issues with a different restrictor pill in there.....so make sure you get the right model one.

Got a restrictor pill from the guys at Strongs for Subaru...

put it in and tried in anticipation.........

Boostin 12 psi on primary...WAHAY!! don't know about secondary yet as had my son in the car.....

Thanks everyone for your input...hopefully this will have an impact on my detonation issues also??

Cheers