Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

B4 Brakes

Cloud

I have heard its not worth rebuilding callipers as it wont always fix a sticky piston?Better to find a replacement 2nd hand one mayby?

Any one got one you guys that have done 4 pot conversions? Are wrx and legacy 2 pot calipers the same?

cheers

Guest boostcut

uhhh, if you rebuild it properly, it will be as good as the factory built it.

if the pistons are pitted replace them, if the bore is marked, sand it out. clean everything mint, and replace the entire seal kit..(even the dust boots) and remember the rubber grease. plenty of it too.

Guest boostcut

ring bnt or similar. you will have to get a mechanic to do it as you can easily cut a seal if your not completely confident.

i wouldnt pay more that 30/side and more than 100 for the mechanic to repair them.

I think I paid $60 for 2 kits and a piston, and rebuilt them myself. After I stripped them down, I dropped the bare calipers to the local engine reconditioners to drop them in the acid tank and strip off all the rust and old paint. They came up like new!

Guest boostcut
 boostin said:

I think I paid $60 for 2 kits and a piston, and rebuilt them myself. After I stripped them down, I dropped the bare calipers to the local engine reconditioners to drop them in the acid tank and strip off all the rust and old paint. They came up like new!

yeah, but you are a mechanic.

im not saying he couldnt do it, but brakes are best left to professionals...

Cloud said:

Any one got one you guys that have done 4 pot conversions? Are wrx and legacy 2 pot calipers the same?

4 pot vs 2 pot rotors are the same size and they (4 pot calipers) will bolt straight on.

imo its not worth doing thew conversion unless you get them cheap, 4 pots perform and look better but the 2 pots do the job great and it would be cheaper to get your current ones rebuilt, anyway the 4 pots you buy might be in the same condition as your current ones

same goes for getting other 2nd hand calipers.

pl0x']

[quote name='Cloud said:

/quote]

imo its not worth doing thew conversion unless you get them cheap, 4 pots look a lot better but the 2 pots do the job great

Wut.

There's a very large difference in performance

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to revive this thread. but my FL caliper has seized. one of the pots is not moving at all. so i need to do something. do I A)repair my caliper. B)replace with a second hand one (if anyone has a good one please let me know!) or C) put on some nice new ones. where does one get some 4pot calipers for a 98-03 legacy B4 RSK?

just rebuild it, easy as. get a rebuild kit and probably a new piston for the seized one. ive done some single and two pots of different models, but four pots shouldnt be to much harder. or just hit up a brake shop to rebuild it.

-smurff

Dejhon said:

sweet. cheers bro. any idea how much its gonna cost me? cause the mechanic today said $250. i was like WTF :o its cheaper by 1/2 to get a second hand one...

I paid $300 for second hand 4 pot calipers, brake pads, disks, lines, and the matching entire rear set (1 pots tho not 2 pots)

So fuck $250 to just maintain your 2 pots :D

• 3 weeks later...