Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Addicted to panorama's

ReubenH

So i was messing round with photoshop, and found the panorama thingie; auto align layers. It's a fantastic fantastic tool, and i've become addicted. Here's some i've done. The big ugly one took 24 photo's to make!!

Click pics for their full res.

The road out to Kelvin Heights.

Kelvinheightss.jpg

Coronet peak

snowpan2s.jpg

Skippers Canyon, this one took 24 photo's!! Photoshop's the business.

skipperspan1s.jpg

From Queenstown Hill, 160º fov

qthillpan2s.jpg

Details:

Sony Ericsson Cybershot C903 5MP - camera phone!

Edited in Photoshop CS3

Settings; Auto, as there is no other settings on the phone! (Makes it a prick to colour match with all the different white balances and exposures. Thankfully photoshops the business.)

Eeeeeeexcelent. Those are stunning... especially the cloud in the last one, wow...

And lol, i'm doing this on a 7 year old G5 man, it does have a bit of a fun time (took about 15-20 mins to do the stitch with that script (Then again, i'm dealing with 5MP, not 15 :P)). I can't wait till i get a DSLR to make the most out of this beautiful country.

I shoot in raw so each photo is 20mb, my pc is like a dell dimension 4600 from like 2003, cant do much on it haha, mainly use the missus laptop...need a mac book *cough* Santa *cough*

• 2 weeks later...
 ReubenH said:

From Queenstown Hill, 160º fov

qthillpan2s.jpg

I took this with my old samsung s8300 mobile. All i had to do was pick the amount of photos to take, push the button once and move the camera along. It took the photos automatically and stuck them together. Sure it's nothing on a real camera and photoshop, overexposed etc, but pretty good considering how simple it was! From memory i think it was about 6 photos

Photo038.jpg

Nice, from exactly the same spot too! haha. My phone has a panorama mode too, but i don't use it, you get far better results shooting normal shots and using photoshop. I'm pretty lucky to have a copy of photoshop though, shits expensive. Yay for graphic designer dads!

And yeah i did a cameraphone handheld HDR, photoshop is da bomb.

Personally i don't like how it came out, but others may.

camphoneHDR.jpg