Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

100k service on a BP outback

funkytown

Hey guys,

i have the service manual for our ez30r and thinking about doing its 100km service myself - shouldnt be to hard right?

Is there anything im missing on this list..??

*Upper Engine Cleaner

* Engine Coolant

* Brake Fluid

* Air Filter

* Pollen Filter

* Spark Plugs

* Fuel filter

* Engine Oil

* Oil Filter

* Rear diff fluid

* Auto box fluid

* Front diff fluid

given its chain driven i see it pointless doing any of the front belts, and cambelt not required obviously

I think you can reset the autobox ecu too, which a dealer will have to do.

Anything missed?

Suggestion on which brand and spec for the fluids is welcome

funkytown said:

Hey guys,

i have the service manual for our ez30r and thinking about doing its 100km service myself - shouldnt be to hard right?

Is there anything im missing on this list..??

*Upper Engine Cleaner

* Engine Coolant

* Brake Fluid

* Air Filter

* Pollen Filter

* Spark Plugs

* Fuel filter

* Engine Oil

* Oil Filter

* Rear diff fluid

* Auto box fluid

* Front diff fluid

given its chain driven i see it pointless doing any of the front belts, and cambelt not required obviously

I think you can reset the autobox ecu too, which a dealer will have to do.

Anything missed?

Suggestion on which brand and spec for the fluids is welcome

dont bother reseting the auto ecu unless you are having shifting problems, resetting the 5speeds requires a trans shift relearn. And dont forget the 5 speeds take transmax E and I would do a trans filter too.

nt_a_foz said:

Waterpump maybe???

A waterpump on a H6 is a huge job, its only replaced when it leaks which isnt very common. I would only replace the acc belt if its cracked, Its a wof item anyway so it gets checked every 6months :).

Cost me $1300 to get my 100k done.

Copied from the service website:

Technician Service Operation

Upper engine cylinder clean Warm up engine. Remove manifold vacuum hose and spray Upper engine cleaner into motor while engine running.

Engine oil Raise vehicle on hoist, remove sump plug and drain engine oil. Replace sump plug sealing washer and refit sump plug.

Engine oil filter Remove old oil filter from engine. Fill filter with new oil and re-attach to engine.

Engine air filter Remove and replace engine air filter.

Transmission and differential oil change Remove transmission and both differential drain plugs and drain old oil. Fit new plug gaskets and reinstall plugs.

Under car inspection Carry out a visual inspection of suspension, axles, steering, brakes and brake lines, and exhaust.

Rotate road wheels and pressure check Remove all road wheels and rotate the front tyres to rear and rear wheels to front. Check and inflate tyres to correct pressure.(including spare)

Engine oil Fill engine with correct quantity of oil. Start engine and check oil filter and drain plug for oil leaks. Stop engine and check oil level and top up if necessary.

Coolant Drain and replace with Subaru approved coolant.

Brake fluid Drain, refill and bleed brake fluid.

Spark plugs Replace all spark plugs

Battery check Connect electronic battery tester to battery. Carry out test and print out result.

ECU diagnosis check Connect the Subaru Select Monitor to OBD plug and interrogate all vehicle ECU for trouble codes. Record all fault code.

Windscreen cleaner Add Subaru approved windscreen cleaner to windscreen washer bottle and top up with water.

Pollen filter Replace air conditioner cabin pollen filter

Under bonnet inspection Check transmission oil levels. Carry out a visual check on drive belts, brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering oil, cooling system, fuel system and air conditioning system.

Road test Check engine performance, transmission shifting or gear changes, suspension noises, steering feel, brakes, and instruments for correct operation.