Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hay

Hay wen do u guys have next have cruise and also how much does a gtb boost??? standard about from a exhuast done!!! is 12psi? and also how do u make the standrd blow valve the factory make the noise of a noremal one its gtb 1997

Say what?

Grammarwasinventedforareasonandmakeslifesomucheasierwhenyouusepunctuationandspellingproperly

Can't quite tell exactly what you are wanting there dude???

Welcome to the club none the less, cruises are in the relevant areas section further down the forum board

I have no idea what an auto boosts.

A manual makes about 7-8psi on primary, secondary 14-15psi. This is assuming your wastegates are in good condition.

I do know of a few that run higher due to removing exhaust cats and a few other minor things, but i would be careful because if it starts running at about 18psi i would be very worried about it leaning out and dieing a painful and expensive death.

• Admin
 NotAWhiteGTB said:

A manual makes about 7-8psi on primary, secondary 14-15psi. This is assuming your wastegates are in good condition.

I do know of a few that run higher due to removing exhaust cats and a few other minor things, but i would be careful because if it starts running at about 18psi i would be very worried about it leaning out and dieing a painful and expensive death.

yup, mine use to lean out. it was boosting 17psi. previous owner (cough miller cough)

Its always a good idea to post your intro in the intro section, then check your area section for whats happening.

RAYDEO']

[quote name='NotAWhiteGTB said:

/quote]

yup, mine use to lean out. it was boosting 17psi. previous owner (cough miller cough)

Its always a good idea to post your intro in the intro section, then check your area section for whats happening.

i see what you did there... hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Hae sowi peeps about the spelling mistakes i just wanted to say hi and my name is mark.

iam new to this club sub car club hopefully i get to chance to meet uze sometime!!!

I have a 1997 gtb and i was wondering how u make the factory blow off valve make the noise like the normal ones frm the shops and wat kind of mods could u do to make it quicker i was only hoping that i could get boosting like 13 to 15psi and get down the track like a 13.8 if possibly is that possible?

Hae peeps iam just trying to be friendly thats all and all i wanted to knw its what mods can i do my subie and hw much boost shuld be safe to run on gtb wot kind of mods would give me more power.

The reason iam pms peeps cos iam new to site and wanted to get on with eveyone

markymark said:

is it possible to get a gtb do 13.8 quater mile down da track???

easy, just unplug the boost controller, to allow free boosting, and you'll get a high 12 with

the right level of aggression.

yeah but i dnt have a boost controller my car preety much standard i brought it like that and wont it stuff your motor and turbo the motor wouldnt be able to handle it wont it i just owened the car like 3weeks

ok, to increase boost, decrease the diameter of the hose going to the wastegate with a cable tie.

To make it safe, get a hole punch and hammer, and smack the centre of the FPR to increase fuel pressure.

To measure if you have enough boost, go for a fang and see if the ass-o-meter is impressed.

To measure the fuel/air ratio listen for det, while fanging it... if it is detonating, smack the fpr

some more. Also you can measure the temp by putting your hand on the manifold after a fang...

if your hand burns, smack the fpr some more.

Mark,i would suggest you read the threads in the legacy and motor/turbo sections.

After you have read them all most of your questions will be answered.

If you still have any problems then ask on the forum.

The best way to learn about something new is to do lots of reading first.

Cheers and have a happy day.

loren said:

ok, to increase boost, decrease the diameter of the hose going to the wastegate with a cable tie.

To make it safe, get a hole punch and hammer, and smack the centre of the FPR to increase fuel pressure.

To measure if you have enough boost, go for a fang and see if the ass-o-meter is impressed.

To measure the fuel/air ratio listen for det, while fanging it... if it is detonating, smack the fpr

some more. Also you can measure the temp by putting your hand on the manifold after a fang...

if your hand burns, smack the fpr some more.

you have a talent for dolphin-smackery.

I salute you!