Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WRX Diesel - Angry as !

nah not gonna boost it . was just thinking octane boost might help even for normal driving ? taking it out tomorrow for a 80 km round trip , real nice and slow .

gorak said:

nah not gonna boost it . was just thinking octane boost might help even for normal driving ? taking it out tomorrow for a 80 km round trip , real nice and slow .

haha, you probably gonna be surprised how long a tank lasts you with no boosting, will seem like forever haha

well drove it today ...and FINALLY the check engine light came on long enough to actually register a code .... before it just came on and off .

sooo .... code 22 it is then . Knock sensor . now i take it this might be as a result of the diesel still in the system ? is there anything i can/should do as to not blow the thing up ?

I am already driving it as relaxed as i can .

i have been idling it for about 20 minutes each morning and 20 minutes again when i get home since monday .

i also added some injector cleaner and octane boost today . hopefully that might help too .

i am sooooo pissed still ...dammit . i try too look after my car and then BAM sh!t like this !

boon said:

Did you run some Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner through it yet?

No point until he has run a couple of tanks through it, I wouldn't even bother its just diesel.

i did not run the upper engine cleaner yet . figured i would do this after another tank or so . ATM i only added octane booster and injector cleaner .

i just wish she would stop smoking ! really annoying .

everyone says that deisel cant do any harm to your car well actully it can deisel works on pressure thats how it fires up if you ran the car with deisel in then its putting extreme force on your chambers and pistons if i was you i would take to a michanic and get it checked over thats just my opinion and prev experience. also change your plugs they will be fouled and wont make the poor girl run that sweet.

yeah getting a compression test done as well as a plug change . she does seem to be running a little better now on the 3rd tank of fuel . so hopefully after the plugs and stuff she will be back to normal .

snach4 said:

everyone says that deisel cant do any harm to your car well actully it can deisel works on pressure thats how it fires up if you ran the car with deisel in then its putting extreme force on your chambers and pistons if i was you i would take to a michanic and get it checked over thats just my opinion and prev experience. also change your plugs they will be fouled and wont make the poor girl run that sweet.

Lol it wont put extreme pressure on anything. It may run lean due to the viscosity of the fuel being grater and it still having to go through a small injector. A deisel is also around 20:1 comp ratio hence the compression-ignition.

well the only issue still is that it keep on giving code 22 - knock sensor ... hopefully this will go away soon . If not i might just unplug the sensor , as the on and off CEL light is annoying . ;)

But seriously i am hoping this clears soon , like in before friday as that is the next trackday at Hamptons . I will be able to maybe do another 2 tanks of fresh BP 98 this week , so here's hoping !

if knock sensor is still coming up then its detecting a problem or its still got a code stored cos of the deisel do a complete ecu reset see if it cures it if not i got a few knock sensors hear you can have they all work perfectly.