Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Will this fit

As a general rule of thumb if it is designed for a V3/4 wrx engine and you have a prefacelift SF5 it should fit

Same for V5/6 and facelift SF5's Might be a slight different fit though but pretty sure it would be fine

Yeah I know its stupid, They would complain about the emmisions my subi puts out with a pod but won't do anything about the diesel previa i follow to work everyday that blackens my car.

a pod filter though LOL thats lame....

i dont see it making any more emissions than a air box...if anything the pod would make the car slightly leaner meaning better emmissions ??? maybe wrong though :-\

diesels are the worst for poluting the air with smoke.... that and mitsis...mitsis are sure good at smoking / smelling

WRXONP said:

i dont see it making any more emissions than a air box...if anything the pod would make the car slightly leaner meaning better emmissions ??? maybe wrong though :-\

diesels are the worst for poluting the air with smoke.... that and mitsis...mitsis are sure good at smoking / smelling

BULLSH!T

DRFVDR']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

b]diesels are the worst for poluting the air with smoke[/b].... that and mitsis...mitsis are sure good at smoking / smelling

BULLSH!T

im not saying every diesel u douche....

ever seen a diesel and some know it alls got a hold of the fuel screw on the injector pump and cut the wire strap which stops people adjusting it and thought "hey ill adjust this" and u get insane amounts of black smoke....i mean come on i bet u have seen this before !!!

you didnt quantify that at all.

You made a blanket statement. Hence you got given shit.

I have seen a few of the off road crowd do what you described but to tarr all diesel drivers with the same brush is pretty foolish.

A diesel is better for the enviroment than 90% of the petrol powered vehicles out there,That black smoke is 95% carbon

Mostly the smokey diesels you see out there is because of no maintenance being done,My 1990 Landcruiser with a 4.2 litre 6 Cylinder Diesel which has done 420,000 km DOES NOT blow black smoke ,if this can do that many K's and still run great then anything can with a wee bit of money spent

well shit shoot me down... thers a shit load of people on the roads with the pumps adjusted and black smoking everywhere...

off road people normally have big aftermarket turbos and they wind the fuel screw up to get it to spool faster...atleast the dudes at diesel and turbo in rotorua do with their one haha it goes nuts!!!

WRXONP said:

well s*** shoot me down... thers a s*** load of people on the roads with the pumps adjusted and black smoking everywhere...

off road people normally have big aftermarket turbos and they wind the fuel screw up to get it to spool faster...atleast the dudes at diesel and turbo in rotorua do with their one haha it goes nuts!!!

It does work to some extent to get them to boost faster BUT i doubt there are heaps who adjust their fuel pumps, more than likely they are just useless owners who never spend a cent on servicing, and then whinge when their vehicle blows up....

I not just picking on u,its just that as person who has been a diesel mechanic for 25 years I get pissed off about the crap that is spilled about diesel vehicles,I can bet that the toyota Hiace van which I drive and is a turbo and intercooled AWD will beat most cars up the ohakune MT road and not spew one iota of black smoke( mind you i have tickled it a bit :) )

everybody else seems to know who i am... u seem a little slow :P

and im talking bout the old diesels (3L,5L,1KZ ETC) that u can just adjust the fuel up on the pump...all new diesels have ECUs and emissions controll etc etc they blow no smoke at all....

so ur telling me that u go down the road and u never see 1 smokey as diesel...i see them everyday and they stink...and i was NOT pointing at ur car...i wasnt pointing at anyones car ... i was pointing at the masses who are out there adn DO SMOKE haaarrrd....be it blocked air filter or adjusted fuel pump or what ever...

man people are anal on here

i use to be a diesel mechanic a while back...did it for 5 years in stinky ole rotonrua...hated it after 5 years as everyday me hands and arms etc would be covered in black stink ass oil...

Ever seen a 5l thats not had a oil change in i think it was 20 thousand km?? Removed sump plug and no oil came out and dip stick read full!!! oil was so thick i removed sump and scooped it out and run flush and all sorts through it to get it to have nice flowing oil again LOL

i use to work mainly on diggers and trucks though...Big ass trucks with big ass garrets with no wastegates etc... diggers have nice sized turbos too and sit on full boost for aaaages whilst theyre being used :)

also ever had a diesel thats over filled with oil start chucking the oil out the rocker breather into the intake manifold and it just starts over revving its ringer out LOL gosh good times good times LOL

Oh yeah I see them, and it makes me shiver that these people are allowed to own cars :)

you get the same with subarus, people tell stories of how bad our beloved choice of car is, they blow HG, they do Big ends,my legacy did do a HG BUT it blew a hose and over heated first because I left the hoses to long before they were replaced :) it also died of terminal BEB but that was because the last 80,000 k's of it life I lent it to my teenage sons who treated it like shit, :) so its not only diesels that i get pissed off about its any one who wons cars and dont service them then complain about how useless said vehicle is,

Just like i get pissed of with peoplewho whinge and moan about getting green stickered,If your car was modified legally and running a WOF and REGO and A CERT then it would not be stickered :)

WRXONP said:

i use to be a diesel mechanic a while back...did it for 5 years in stinky ole rotonrua...hated it after 5 years as everyday me hands and arms etc would be covered in black stink ass oil...

Ever seen a 5l thats not had a oil change in i think it was 20 thousand km?? Removed sump plug and no oil came out and dip stick read full!!! oil was so thick i removed sump and scooped it out and run flush and all sorts through it to get it to have nice flowing oil again LOL

i use to work mainly on diggers and trucks though...Big ass trucks with big ass garrets with no wastegates etc... diggers have nice sized turbos too and sit on full boost for aaaages whilst theyre being used :)

also ever had a diesel thats over filled with oil start chucking the oil out the rocker breather into the intake manifold and it just starts over revving its ringer out LOL gosh good times good times LOL

Nah not had this but I had one that the turbo started to leak so bad that the engine ran on the oil till the oil ran out and it shut down :)