Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

version 7 sub install

johnny5

need ideas for the box will make it myself want to be able to get the spare out and fit a pram in the boot when needed from time to time.Want a good looking job not just a amp and box floating round in the boot anhy pictures of other members car installs would be great

System as follows

6.5 infinty kappa 60.5cs components front stage

Stock rear door speakers (only the kids in the back)

1 12 inch pwc soundstream sub

AlpineMrv F545 amp

aiming for SQ more than outright noise soundstream recommend 3.0cuft for the box willing to go just a bit under maybe 1.5 cuft minimum.....Am I dreaming that I can do this or os it possible

I've got some good install pics for what I've done, but probably too much work for what you'd want to do, unless you're good with fibreglass. Unfortunately I don't have the net where I've just moved to so I can't upload pics, but will do in a few days when it's connected up. It's a box that is glassed into the side of the boot, with a 10" sub in a ported box. Took a bit of work and quite a bit of working out, but got it in the end. My sub is a very SQ oriented and it's in a 1.3 cu. ft. box but it's ported, otherwise I could've used a 1cu. ft. box.

luvmaforzzy said:

bro isn't the components enough lol are you running them off an amp?

nah just want that little bit of a kick as well havent had a sub in the last 3 cars Ive had so want to get back into some quality sounds. had the gear sitting around for the last 3 years the Ball and chain said to use it or lose it... And yup gonna amp em the alpine mrvf545 can do 125wrms for the two fronts with 500wrms bridged rear not a bad amp at all really

Scoobydoo said:

I've got some good install pics for what I've done, but probably too much work for what you'd want to do, unless you're good with fibreglass. Unfortunately I don't have the net where I've just moved to so I can't upload pics, but will do in a few days when it's connected up. It's a box that is glassed into the side of the boot, with a 10" sub in a ported box. Took a bit of work and quite a bit of working out, but got it in the end. My sub is a very SQ oriented and it's in a 1.3 cu. ft. box but it's ported, otherwise I could've used a 1cu. ft. box.

Interested to see what you have done I am doing it properly so its not an eye sore when the trunk is popped. I didnt wanna block off the corners of the boot as this will block access to the tail lights if i ever need to get at them was thinking of slim lining it along the back of the rear seat so I can screw back to the supports at the top also so the sub is firing to the back past experiences have given good results with it facing this way. Also was thinking about a false floor seen as though I have a 17inch wheel as my spare and flush mounting the amp in the corner covered in perspex, maybe lighting? any other ideas? Im all ears

• Admin

I don't have one myself but we've installed a bunch of them. They go good in 1 cube with a 4" aeroport.

Or you can get the 8" "Loaded enclosure" which is really quite nice, well built and carpeted, good grill and terminals so you can just rip it out whenever you need to.