Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

cool alarm!

the wife just got this very cool alarm installed on her 1996 MR2, we found out that the existing one could be copied in 3 seconds if you know what you are doing, basically you turn the ignition on and off 7 times (with out starting the car) the alarm goes into learning mode and if you are a dodgy person, mechanic, what ever, you can use a separate recieve to copy the existing remote so now you have a mirrored remote and the car can be stolen by said dodgy person. Our mate who is a registered/certified installer, told us that there are "A LOT" of car alarms that can be copied in this manner or one similarly.

so she got a cobra/auto watch combination alarm, the installer mate is a real guru, he took the best parts of both and combined them, so she has proximity card/GPS/Cell transmitter/movement and glass breakage sensor. the alarm will text her with in 3 seconds of anything happening with the car, she can remotely ping the car and it will give you a google maps location in graphics annd log and lat and speed and how many k's the car has done lol lol

oh and she an shut the car down lol its illegal here in nz but you could if you wanted too, I LOVE THAT.

I was just blown away by this!

gota love the technology now, but I guess beware, a lot of alarm remotes can be mimicked if you know what you are doing

thats what our installer said, I guess its because if you shut the car down the thief would not have control, so some innocent person could get killed or hurt

• General Member

can anyone confirm the above method?

just curious IF you got conned into buying a new alarm for nowt :P

and yea cut-power=no brakes/steering hazards

GPS locator is the way sounds like a good buy either way!

lol no I dont think we were conned, we really trust this guy, he copied her remote in about 10 seconds flat to a spare remote he had and used it to open her car, it was really scary.

fortunately the wife did a cambelt change on his car just recently, so they just traded labour hours for her time and his, so it was a cheap install.

I think I want one too lol, I have half of it (cobra) so I am hoping it wont be very expensive ::) :-\

smokn4 said:

sounds pretty gd if it does what you say it can do 8)

we are going to do a vid tonight and upload it to you tube, will post it here later ;D

DrDarkMatter']

[quote name='smokn4 said:

sounds pretty gd if it does what you say it can do 8)

/quote]

we are going to do a vid tonight and upload it to you tube, will post it here later ;D

look forward to seeing that

although you can do it this way you also need prior access to the car the same remote as the installed alarm and the keys to the car which most thieves wont have (unless it someone you know ripping you off)its pretty easy to clone any remote, spectrum analysers can do it and they are readily available for purchase to most people dirty little theiving bastards just wait till you push your alarm scan the airwaves with the spectrum analyser and change the oscillator in a unversal remote to the frequency the spectrum analyser has just picked up and voila bobs your uncle and your carless it sounds like hollywood bulls*** but its all true you can even google it the only way around this is with what they call rolling codes everytime you arm your alarm the code or frequency changes each time slightly making this method useless autowatch is a good alarm I have it and my car is still here still cost about what was quoted for this one but hey whats a lil bit of cash for peace of mind the 446 rli is the model number 5 star approved so good for insurance failing all this a pitbull will deter any bastard[

hi guys, ok here it is,

a note about the drivers card.

This is where the Cobra Drivers card comes into play. Every time you start your car it will look for the drivers card which has a range of 3 to 5 metres. If the alarm does not "see" the card within one minute of the car being started, it will block the remote from the system and then set the alarm off. As soon as the vehicle is stopped it then becomes immobilised.

A great way to outsmart the thief who tried to steal your keys!

Note: Don't worry about forgetting your drivers card as you can override this with your unique pin number.

Also i have (but didnt mentioned in this video cos it hasn't been wired yet) a window closure option:

"Controlled window closure: Allows you to close the window by keeping the remote button pressed." I always forget to wind the window up for exaple, no problem now- I can do it from remote control on alarm!

You can add on internal screamer (gets a little bit uncomfortable for theif to do anything inside your car when his ears are pierced with 130dB of scream!), second siren (all digital back up, keep screaming for 5 hours +!) sirens are waterproof so even if you find it in the car (well hidden) and chuck it in the bucket of water it will still go.

Pin on this video is NOT my alarm security code (even if i said "i will not show you" but you can see that pin on video anyway, thats for "video purposes" only and i changed it already. :)

Yeah, for stopping the thief on the move- yes, it is not safe to immobilise your own car from your mobile. But read the message about Driver's Card, you will understand how it works.

Can add on boot opener, microwave sensor... technology is there.

Nothing is 100% thief proof but making it as hard as possible to steal, oh, yeah, babe!

Alarm was installed by certified vehicle alarm installer who used to install car alarm on Ferraris back in UK, and he is really obsessed with alarms!!

Nowdays when sirens go off people take no notice, and when you are away from your car you don't even a know what happens. Now you can have a call straight away your alarm was triggered then message where your car is, what speed it is doing and what direction it is heading. You can have a visual map where your car is.

Food for thoughts...