Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Electronic boost control question

rex-leggy

so i received my profec II today . had a look at the solenoid and it can either be a 2 or 3 port.

question is which way to go ? its set up for 2 port and i need to get a part to change it to 3.

is there any advantage to 3 or does it just come down to how i plumb it up?

rex-leggy said:

so i received my profec II today . had a look at the solenoid and it can either be a 2 or 3 port.

question is which way to go ? its set up for 2 port and i need to get a part to change it to 3.

Best to run in 2 port configuration.

If you want top run in 3 port configuration you need to do a few things, amongst them being removing the pill restricted and re-plumbing your vacuum lines

Here is some bed time reading

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104227/How-Subarus-Factory-Boost-Control-System-Works-v11-01

subieboy']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

/quote]

Best to run in 2 port configuration.

If you want top run in 3 port configuration you need to do a few things, amongst them being removing the pill restricted and re-plumbing your vacuum lines

Here is some bed time reading

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104227/How-Subarus-Factory-Boost-Control-System-Works-v11-01

ok nice wee read there i fount that to hook up the factory solenoid i have about a week ago.

my pill is more of a filter looking thing rather then a slug that sits in the line .

i have conflicting information now :) have been told by others that in 2 port configuration i no longer need the boost pill ???

pappu said:

Run it in whatever mode runs it in interrupt mode and not bleed mode

I think 3 port mostly are interrupt

ThTs the best option for best boost control - the non bleed style

hmmmm ill have to google this interrupt and bleed ..... i have no idea about that really.

sti8u said:

no boost controllers will run boost pills.that boost pill is only for the factory setup

ok nice

i was going to follow this diagram to hook it up

000.jpg

will have to find a manual for the controller its self but ive heard there pretty vague .

found the install manuel and it says it just gets plumed between the actuator and the intake feeding the turbo and everthing else gets blocked up .

would this be correct? has anyone else installed one and can tell me how they plumed it up :)

sti8u said:

no boost controllers will run boost pills.that boost pill is only for the factory setup

If you are using a 2-port solenoid with your controller then a restrictor pill should still be used to lower the amount of work that the solenoid needs to do cause with no pill, the solenoid may be the main point of restriction (even at 100% Duty Cycle) in which case it won't bleed off enough to get the boost you may want to achieve.

I like the way that Perrin explain it here;

http://www.perrinperformance.com/pages/show/113

rex-leggy said:

found the install manuel and it says it just gets plumed between the actuator and the intake feeding the turbo and everthing else gets blocked up .

would this be correct? has anyone else installed one and can tell me how they plumed it up :)

I run one on my TT.

Subaru's have a Single Port Actuator.

You need to keep the pill for stable boost (also makes life sh!tloads easier to set up if you keep it).

Hook it up as shown on page 9 of the below PDF:

http://justskylines.com/knowledgebase/assets/PROFEC_B_SPEC2.pdf

subieboy']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

/quote]

I run one on my TT.

Subaru's have a Single Port Actuator.

You need to keep the pill for stable boost (also makes life sh!tloads easier to set up if you keep it).

Hook it up as shown on page 9 of the below PDF:

http://justskylines.com/knowledgebase/assets/PROFEC_B_SPEC2.pdf

nice cheers man thats the one i was thinking . now just need some caps to block them off and sorted :)

DRFVDR said:

and now i just clicked as to why my bleed valve didnt work on the Rx :)

piped up wrong ?

looked at a mate v/4 sti the other day and he was asking me if it was standard to run 23 psi lol. had a look at the vac lines and his line off the wastgate was running into the map sensor haha

For what its worth...

I am currently in the "How the Feck do I do this" stage of looking at making/getting the Profec to switch between lo/Hi and Hi/Lo for running on the TT

Managed to get the info to have this "talk/interface" with the Profec... (i.e. I know what hardware I need and it costs about $11.00)

I then need to takeoff this signal somehow and then run it through a "something" to trigger the lo/Hi and Hi/Lo switch going up and coming back down...(i.e. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5377&keywords=voltage+switch&form=KEYWORD) The trick tho is it has to do both ways...

Only problem is finding where to get a reliable signal from that will trigger the lo/Hi and Hi/Lo automatically...

subieboy said:

For what its worth...

I am currently in the "How the Feck do I do this" stage of looking at making/getting the Profec to switch between lo/Hi and Hi/Lo for running on the TT

Managed to get the info to have this "talk/interface" with the Profec... (i.e. I know what hardware I need and it costs about $11.00)

I then need to takeoff this signal somehow and then run it through a "something" to trigger the lo/Hi and Hi/Lo switch going up and coming back down...(i.e. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5377&keywords=voltage+switch&form=KEYWORD) The trick tho is it has to do both ways...

Only problem is finding where to get a reliable signal from that will trigger the lo/Hi and Hi/Lo automatically...

god dam twin turbos :P

sounds tricky .... there is controllers for twin turbos ?

rex-leggy']

[quote name='subieboy said:

For what its worth...

I then need to takeoff this signal somehow and then run it through a "something" to trigger the lo/Hi and Hi/Lo switch going up and coming back down...(i.e. url=http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5377&keywords=voltage+switch&form=KEYWORD]http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5377&keywords=voltage+switch&form=KEYWORD[/url]) The trick tho is it has to do both ways...

god dam twin turbos :P

sounds tricky .... there is controllers for twin turbos ?

Yep a few of them

I reckon if I can find a bidirectional Voltage switch I could have my setup done for less than $60...

Any Jaycar smarty pants people around that know if Jaycar does one??