Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Version 7 drinking like its from kings College

Alright my car has decided to start drinking fuel at an unbelievable rate and all of a sudden it starting running really rough, and was lacking power. The exhaust tone is really odd, sounds kinda like the timing is off or something. like its chugging the CEL did flash while being driven before it started sounding like ass have just had the exhaust done and altered again as it was'nt the best fit so its not an exhaust leak was gona get one of the forum members to scan for codes but would cost me half a tank of gas to get there any ideas before I call in the big guns

Was thinking that but doesnt explain the change in Exhaust note, or does it? It jus all of sudden sounded really bad when you rev it and it cant be a leak as I just got the exhaust done today tye power is there soughta is it because I have gone to 3 inch and need a reflash the 3 inch wasnt loud till jus the other day when the problem occurred now I'm a bit embarrassed to drive it cause it sound hori as fuck

johnny5']

[quote name='Ichi Ban said:

sounds like a mechanical /intake /exhaust issue

/quote]Which one? can rule out the exhaust first thought was there fixed that not really sure where to go from here

Too difficult to guess thie fault over the net

I could list 50 things that would cause exh tone to change - and it could still be something wlse

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing :)

johnny5 said:

sorry bout it but jokes come and go bro no harm was intended

I understand that, it just happens that my younger sister recently finished up at the school and was pretty close to 2 of the guys who died.

Odd thing you've got going on with your car.. will be interested to know the outcome..

kwi_fozze said:

yer... could that oil issue in the avcs be doing this?

free flowing exhaust that fits good, without a reflash should pull like a school boy and hit the occasional fuel cut...

mystified

yea stumped it was goin hard up until a few days ago been googling it hard but no real answers it all leads to unfinished posts in forums

WRXONP said:

well air fuel ratio is only controlled by a few things . water temp sensor. air flow meter . o2 and air fuel sensor ..leaks can bung up signals

just changed top tank on radiator not so long ago bout the same time exhaust went on best to run the codes and see what happens

johnny5 said:

gone burgers already threw it in the scrap bin at work damn sure its not the exhaust as it ran fine for a week or 3 before the problem

failing fuel pump? low pressure can cause bad fuel atomisation leading to these indications. CEL? Code was?. Could be air flow sensor issue> :)

threw afm code and vvt code so aFm could be on its way out but I did pull the plug the other day while car was goin avcs could also be out however after the ECU reset car seems to be running fine and its a lil bit better than before did the multiplier thing with the boost and brake and stuff