Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Recommended Auckland install place?

Magnolia Down

Hey guys,

I'm looking to have some Pioneer kit installed in the GTB (Pioneer DEH4350UB head, GM3300T amp and TS-D1602R speaker if you care). No idea where to go to get this installed and am looking for suggestions. Do I need to supply my own RCA cables and single DIN pocket or will they do this for me?

Any help is appreciated.

• Admin

Rapid Radio, there's a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

And if you don't supply RCAs and din pocket you'll get charged for them... DIN pockets are usually about $20 and RCAs $20-$more than the car...

Or else you could try 0800 Best Deals - they've just opened a new shop opposite Waikaraka Park in Onehunga..

Open 7 days - can normally fit people in while you wait too.

Magnolia Down said:

Hey guys,

I'm looking to have some Pioneer kit installed in the GTB (Pioneer DEH4350UB head, GM3300T amp and TS-D1602R speaker if you care). No idea where to go to get this installed and am looking for suggestions. Do I need to supply my own RCA cables and single DIN pocket or will they do this for me?

Any help is appreciated.

Get the pocket off trademe... theres heaps and theyr cheap. Same with the rca cable. I would get a branded cable though... no cheap rubbish. As for intstallation i would go to rapid radio or try the parellel imported install place in east tamaki ? If i remember rightly theyr pretty fairly priced.

Mate try Ivan down at botany auto sound and security down a bit from parallel imports in east tamaki straight across from national bank Gives great service and is bound to have one of his many demo cars to show off. Plus he does not charge the earth for installation and he stocks some of the best brands around Rainbow and DLS to name a few

Hyper in penrose, ask for Rick, good deals and awewsome installs, Rapid are good but very expensive. I have also used Extreme Car Audio, very good guy, great installs and awesome pricing.His name is Jon and is a mobile service 021 292 0229.

Thanks, I'll give some of these places a shout and get quotes. I've already got a quote from Rapid Radio and they're charging $60 per hour + GST which I thought was pretty good. They also said that a 2 channel amp, head unit and 2 front speakers could take 4 hours which seemed a lot to me?

$60 + GST is a pretty standard charge for most things these days. A Headunit install normally takes no more than an hour, speakers probably another hour, amps can take the longest as that requires cabling to be run through cars, in engine bays, behind trims and under carpet.

yup sounds bout right a H.U can be done in in 15 mins if your on to it matching looms to car models and stereo models is just a couple plugs away like scoobdu said though running cabling is the money sucker I installed a H.U in ten minutes yesterday 5mins of planning saves alot of work