Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

6.5" speaker crossover help wanted

TypeR rated

Hi guys. I bought a car last year which I'm restoring, The car has a nice pioneer bluetooth headunit and cerwin vega component front and rear speakers with all the wiring setup for two amps ( 1 for sub, other for speakers)

Now my problem is that when I bought the car from auction it has had the rear crossover boxes removed from previous owner, I have googled these speakers and hav found that they are highly rated for quality and I would like to keep them but I need some more crossover boxes.

My question to you is can I use another crossover network without ruining the speakers or do I really need to have the original boxes to use these speakers??

I have 3 sets of other components from previous cars and was just wondering if it would be safe to use one of those crossover boxes.

Thanks guys. Car is hibernating from the snow in storage at mo but I'll note the model numbers down next time I drag it out seeing as tho I've lost the bit of paper I wrote the numbers down last time. I'll try and look at the crossover boxes from the fronts an see if they have the freq range on them somewhere.

Scoobydoo said:

Well if you want to run them actively off an amp, you can use the amp as the crossover for both woofers and tweeters. But you'll need a 4 channel amp, one channel for each speaker.

That is true, I hadn't thought of that. I shall look into that

• Admin

You'll need a pretty decent amp to get tweeter-worthy crossovers onboard - you'll need something up to 4khz, and most amps use 18db/octave crossovers so it might sound a little funky. Ideally you probably want around 4khz 12db/octave but without a processor/high end headunit/original crossover you might have a hard time getting it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies