Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

overtaking

Skinon!']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

240kph on a private closed off road from chch to nelson . where is this road lol .

i wana go there

/quote]

Just for interests sake, and what my rocket scientist friend said could be possible, there are a few nice straights goin down that way that could theoretically harbour some speeds that the government say actually dont exist...

Have done that drive and nelson to queenstown so many times now. Actually a really good drive :)

the roads are quite nice my fav section is from Blenheim to kiakoura ..... verry nice flowing .

and for the topics sake theres not many places to overtake :D

the roads are quite nice my fav section is from Blenheim to kiakoura ..... verry nice flowing .

and for the topics sake theres not many places to overtake :D

Yea thats a real nice drive, roads are quite good. I'd have to say my favourite type of driving is definately long distance touring. Did Auckland to Queenstown not long ago (after metallica concerts) in a 550whp R32 GTR only slept on the ferry haha. That was one of the fav's!

But yea getting off topic i spose. Meh

Skinon!']

[quote name='collaboration said:

yeah it's quite silly that the overtaking has to be done within 110km/hr... those slow drivers usually go hard on straight and really slow in corners.....

/quote]

Ah man i remember driving to chch form nelson about a year ago, this old *#(@&(@#(@#(*@#*(#$$$!!!!!! (yes he was that bad) in a brand new maxima, was doin 140-180 along the straights and FULLY slowing down to like 70 around corners! He would boost off on the straights and id always catch him up on the twisties but he was adament to not let me pass.

Ended up just so sick of it i managed to pass him doin around 240, was in my gtst at the time. Bet he went home and complained about boyracers haha.

But seriously it shows the average human being has little to no understanding on the physics of being able to handle a 1tonne+ piece of metal. Our license tests really need to get serious. You SHOULDN'T be driving unless you are specifically qualified to handle your vehicle and able to prove the fact.

i would call that boasting, you were proud enough of your 240k overtaking to post it in a public forum , how did you intend on stopping had another car pulled out in front of you? anyone on the road next to you or coming toward you is also dead or seriously injured, you had to be speeding all the way to keep up with him at 140 - 180k even if he did slow down around places like the hundalees , your saying people dont understand the physics about a 1tonne piece of metal, what about the variables?

yeah i have a 96 rsb 90% of the time i am only on the primary turbo, it is my daily driver, but i don't need to justify why i own it, i like it, why don't you go out boosting vin diesel , i don't really care what you think of me , im not here raving about my ridiculous passing speeds you are & saying the guy you passed shouldn't have a license and you take offence when your told the same thing, lolz ::) where is said closed road you shot the video on ?

i wanna go there when i go to Kaikoura roots festival in Jan

i would call that boasting, you were proud enough of your 240k overtaking to post it in a public forum , how did you intend on stopping had another car pulled out in front of you? anyone on the road next to you or coming toward you is also dead or seriously injured, you had to be speeding all the way to keep up with him at 140 - 180k even if he did slow down around places like the hundalees , your saying people dont understand the physics about a 1tonne piece of metal, what about the variables?

yeah i have a 96 rsb 90% of the time i am only on the primary turbo, it is my daily driver, but i don't need to justify why i own it, i like it, why don't you go out boosting vin diesel , i don't really care what you think of me , im not here raving about my ridiculous passing speeds you are & saying the guy you passed shouldn't have a license and you take offence when your told the same thing, lolz ::) where is said closed road you shot the video on ?

i wanna go there when i go to Kaikoura roots festival in Jan

Raving about my rediculous passing speeds? Hardly. Someone pulling out in front of me? Considering he was the only car i had seen in a decent while and i over took him on a straight piece of road with zero oncoming traffic, or traffic anywhere for that matter. Oh actually there was another car behind me it was my grandma in her M5 beemer who over took him shortly after me. We had a good laugh when we got to chch and went out for dinner later.

I wasnt doing rediculous speeds to keep up with him, he was literally slowing down to stupidly slow speeds on the corners, to the point where we thought he was on drugs or something. When you do alot of long drives, i dont know about you but i tend to travel at a nice comfortable level speed, i make sure my cars handle how i like them to and you can keep your corner speed up you dont need to do rediculous speeds on the straights. Just you need to learn to judge the conditions of the road and capability of your vehicle. I choose to make sure i know as much about that information as i can because i actually love driving.

It's not something i do to get from 'a to b' it's something i take pride in. So no i dont drive round with my hat on backwards and a super loud exhaust looking like a cock. Although i went thru that stage when i was younger, and most people dont really like to admit it. Having a constant battle between stereo and muffler was just the start of alot of poeples addiction to cars. But hopefully some of those people grow up later in life. Some are lost souls tho even before they start...

Fastfour']

Definitely was funny cellotaping in all those gauges into the charade

its got to be one of my favorite high octane clips just for the lolz, were you a part of that?

that and the viper VS skyline? on the hill run where the viper ends up locking up and going over the side of the hill?

[quote name='subieboy said:

Caterpillar or Hitachi or John Deere brand excavator...

they are good at helping dig deep holes

my stepdads father is a (mostly) by hand grave digger in chch at ruru lawns

ItsTheRS said:

Oh actually there was another car behind me it was my grandma in her M5 beemer who over took him shortly after me. We had a good laugh when we got to chch and went out for dinner later.

lol

Yea she's 'unique' for a grandma... awesome awesome lady tho! Told me she was 'racing' a young guy in a GTi-R she was in her porsche and the bonnet of the guys pulsar flew up and smashed his window lol, she pulled over and called AA for him had a good ol' yarn. Woulda been funny bein that guy and a grandma turns round and helps you out haha