Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BD5 Fuel Economy

nzhomie

I have a BD5 2.0l TS AWD and it seems to suck the fuel way more than it should. CEL isn't iluminated and but when i filled up to half a tank two days ago, i've driven about 70km and its already down to a quarter of a tank.

Any ideas on whats causing this ?

Not trying to be captain obvious but what pressure are you running in your tyres?

A faulty 02 sensor could cause it. Try driving up a steep hill with your foot down and see if the CEL comes on. Might also be a good idea to replace the air filter and spark plugs.

Next time you fill it up take note of how many k's you travelled since you last filled it and how many litres it used. On the open road my 95 TS-R wagon (same engine) uses about 9l/100km and usually just over 12l/100km around town. I give it a bit of shit too so those figures would be lower if I drove it like a nana.

wow nice i dont think i even get 70kms per quarter around town lol. i own a 1998 legacy GTB in manual. but i think a subaru is the Wrong car choice if your after a fuel economic car especially in Auto. i personally think the non turbos are under powered and suck a bit more gas then other cars in the range. but on the other hand the twin turbo is over powering for the fuel economy side of things around town lol

• 2 weeks later...
 Flat4 said:

Not trying to be captain obvious but what pressure are you running in your tyres?

A faulty 02 sensor could cause it. Try driving up a steep hill with your foot down and see if the CEL comes on. Might also be a good idea to replace the air filter and spark plugs.

Next time you fill it up take note of how many k's you travelled since you last filled it and how many litres it used. On the open road my 95 TS-R wagon (same engine) uses about 9l/100km and usually just over 12l/100km around town. I give it a bit of s*** too so those figures would be lower if I drove it like a nana.

how does the o2 sensor work? what does going up a steep hill do 2 it?

G-unit']

[quote name='Flat4 said:

Next time you fill it up take note of how many k's you travelled since you last filled it and how many litres it used. On the open road my 95 TS-R wagon (same engine) uses about 9l/100km and usually just over 12l/100km around town. I give it a bit of s*** too so those figures would be lower if I drove it like a nana.

/quote]

how does the o2 sensor work? what does going up a steep hill do 2 it?

No idea, just had a dodgy 02 sensor in mine recently and the check engine light would only come on when the car was under load