Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What to do when you found stolen goods on trademe?

tmuff88

Hi guys, I want to hear what you guys opinion on this one. Last year I had my radar detector stolen from my car during a smash and grab. Last night I was browsing trademe and I think I saw my stolen radar detector. The item has no box or user manual and the selling lives 2 streets from where my radar was taken. Obviously I'm not certain that it was my stolen one until I view it. What would you guys do? Cheers T

Arrange viewing and have the boys with you.

If it is indeed yours (and you are 100% sure) take it back.

A mate found his stolen rims in this way and went around and took them back. Guy who he took them off bitched out and let him take them aslong as they didnt beat him up - he said he bought them from a mate lol

arrange a viewing and match up the serial numbers. You *did* write down the serial number, didn't you? ::)

*Assuming there is a serial number on it, I know there is on my Beltronics one*

If it does match, Trademe has this on their website:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Help/CrmTopic.aspx?help_id=666&crm_subject_id=175&crm_subject_path=0172-0181-0175-

ODB said:

Arrange viewing and have the boys with you.

If it is indeed yours (and you are 100% sure) take it back.

A mate found his stolen rims in this way and went around and took them back. Guy who he took them off bitched out and let him take them aslong as they didnt beat him up - he said he bought them from a mate lol

this

tmuff88 said:

Haha good idea but I'm no Jackie Chen..

Dont have to be... IF you can prove it yours - then maybe take the police along with you mate..

Go look at it.. confirm if it is or not.. and if it is - call the police and take them with you.

Thats if theyr not to busy with other things which seems to be all to common these days

Bonus of taking them with you is he will probably get charged for that theft!! but thats only if you can prove he stole it.

But if he didn't steal it, and the cops are there, they could actually be an innocent party, and they'll get done for receiving stolen property, and posession of stolen property, and possibly purchasing stolen goods aswell, the cops are like that, they'll pin you with plenty of charges if you're innocent-ish, but let you walk free if you're guilty.

Edit:just saw swindogs comment +1 bro haha.

Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk

Sequence']

[quote name='Swindog said:

Yeah. You can always back out of the sale. If in doubt punch him out. Violence solves everything.

/quote]

Dude you are a legend ;D

Makes sense though aye. Violence is a primal instinct. If your tougher than the man, you survive.

Swindog']

Yeah. You can always back out of the sale. If in doubt punch him out. Violence solves everything.

/quote]

Dude you are a legend ;D

Makes sense though aye. Violence is a primal instinct. If your tougher than the man, you survive.

Evolution disagrees. I'm pretty sure an ape could kick my ass in a fist fight (although so could most people....)

Koom']

/quote]

Dude you are a legend ;D

Evolution disagrees. I'm pretty sure an ape could kick my ass in a fist fight (although so could most people....)

Na if you got on his back and choked him out you'd be sweet.

When I had my old wrx my red v5/6 spotlight covers and my subaru badge got stolen from in front of my house.

Annoying but not too bad.

Then I found the covers on trademe, They were 100% mine I had photos of my bumper and every stone chip was in the same place.

A freind convinced me not to go round and kick the crap outta the seller so I did the "responsible" thing and went ot the cops with the photos.

Cops agreed with me that there was no way they were not mine, they got his address from trademe.

Nothing ever happend. I called them up a few weeks later and they said we went there and he wasnt home.

last time I ever go to them for help

WRXONP']

[quote name='ODB said:

A chimp would absolutely destroy any human in a fight.

When they get pissed they tear off faces and s***.

Theoretically if yoh started choking one out it would probably snap your wrist like a twig

/quote]

down with the chimps HUH

In studies found to be around five times as strong as your average human male and many times more powerful.

ODB']

[quote name='ODB said:

A chimp would absolutely destroy any human in a fight.

When they get pissed they tear off faces and s***.

Theoretically if yoh started choking one out it would probably snap your wrist like a twig

/quote]

down with the chimps HUH

In studies found to be around five times as strong as your average human male and many times more powerful.

Not if you use a simple version of chlorine gas; bleach into jug then turn on jug, boils off the chlorine and turns into gas, and kills s***.

OR the classic banana in a blender trick, goes to put hand in blender, then turn it on haha. or the same version, but with a motion sensored solenoid that activates a guillotine xD

am I a monster?