Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stolen Vehicle - Black R32 Skyline GTR AKL134, $5000 reward.

I have had no insurance for my vehicles since 1983...about 30 years without any crashes or anything stolen.i figure im about $30k ahead.

Just drive defensively all the time and dont leave car anywhere thats the slightist bit dodgy.

Different strokes for different folks... :)

pedro said:

I have had no insurance for my vehicles since 1983...about 30 years without any crashes or anything stolen.i figure im about $30k ahead.

Just drive defensively all the time and dont leave car anywhere thats the slightist bit dodgy.

Different strokes for different folks... :)

Neither have I but your lucky to say the least.

In the interim ive had people drive into me. Both of those times I wouldnt have been able to afford to fix it without a personal loan. With insurance I had no problems.

Slidesector']

I pay $40.23 per month for the wrx. Inc gst.

Your $5k reward would be 124.28 months of insurance which equates to 10 years of insurance based on that one figure.

Do you drive a GTR. Grab a quote.

Then the point should be made if its down to price can the GTR owner really afford to own a GTR?

[quote name='Slidesector said:

And no doubt if you had your car stolen you would still be posting on here about it. LOL.

/quote]

Too busy shopping for a new one with insurance monies to cry on here most likely.

Hahaha clearly you don't know how long it takes the compnay to pay out..

I got paid out within 3 weeks. 2days after the STANDARD STAND DOWN which is 2 weeks. so really its not that long!

ADIKT']

Your $5k reward would be 124.28 months of insurance which equates to 10 years of insurance based on that one figure.

Then the point should be made if its down to price can the GTR owner really afford to own a GTR?

And no doubt if you had your car stolen you would still be posting on here about it. LOL.

/quote]

Too busy shopping for a new one with insurance monies to cry on here most likely.

I got paid out within 3 weeks. 2days after the STANDARD STAND DOWN which is 2 weeks. so really its not that long!

I would hope its not your daily

Slidesector']

[quote name='Swindog said:

/quote]

I drive a wrx. Thats bad enough. Funnily enough the Hiace cost me more BUT the point is you shuoldnt own a car you can t afford to insure for this problem.

AND if your hanging around my place in a greyish coloured Wrx...go away...your on cc tv. And if your connected to the bloke who was down the private road casing the houses last week your also on cc tv which the cops have. Be warned.

Slidesector']

/quote]

Unfortunatly it was... BUT luckily i work 5-10min from home... so i can walk to work. And even then i still had the option of obtaining a rental car.

Got some dodgy stuff happening at home at the mo and around the area. Have installed a 5 colour camera cctv high output system. hooked to alarm and a couple of our iphones with remote access. motion sensors etc.

ALready got some dodgy stuff on film hence the above comment.

The point is with insurance is its not when you have an accident or its gets pinched its the fact anything can happen, you could blow a tyre and crash, someone WITHOUT INSURANCE coudl hit you...all sorts of things. I think its cheap piece of mind.

ADIKT']

/quote]

Unfortunatly it was... BUT luckily i work 5-10min from home... so i can walk to work. And even then i still had the option of obtaining a rental car.

Yeah if mine is stolen I get a free rental car for a fortnight.

Also, my windscreen got cracked and had it repaired for free the next working day. INSURANCE SEW SLOW

I don't get the no insurance mentality, I agree with swindog if you can't afford to insure the car you can't afford the car.

I wreckon compulsory insurance is needed over here. Will solve a few faults with the system.

ballsrburning said:

I don't get the no insurance mentality, I agree with swindog if you can't afford to insure the car you can't afford the car.

I wreckon compulsory insurance is needed over here. Will solve a few faults with the system.

indeedy.

a few plonkers out there thats for sure.

ballsrburning said:

+2

BUT not that we are attacking the bloke whose car in this thread has been stolen.

To you my friend, the club will help where it can but this conversation happens time and again on this website.

People need to get real. Its the scourge of the modern society and forever will be with the fact that there is and has to be a split on the upper middle and lower demographics. The lower will always want to take from the upper. Hence insurance.

marc said:

Im with Click and its $126 a month and 3k theft excess (5star alarm and in a garage). Sounds like im paying too much :-\.

Ill keep my eyes out for the car :)..... could do with 5k ;D

thats more than what all of us are paying! my theft excess was only 1900...... and i was paying $115 a month

Dont know why people buy expensive, or even inexpensive cars and dont get insurance, seriously ???

Someone once told me, you can never have too much insurance, and I agree. When it costs more than $100 on average to fill most performance cars with gas these days whats $20 or so a week gonna hurt for insuring the thing ?

Good luck with getting car back though, I dont wish car theft on anyone, mongrel thieves should have karma bite them in the ass and get whats coming to them, but that rarely happens...