Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What is this diff out of??

forcefed

madmike said:

Yeah but you can put the stubs into later model diffs too...

I did when i put Funky's diff into my BC5..

So really they could be from anything...

My vote is..

Left = BC

Right= Omega

oh.. do they just pull out, like the stub and seal kit you can get for the front diff on v9+ 6mts?

That being the case, they should just be held in by the normal circlip arrangement on normal male rear axles :)

i'd say you're right - as the old Omega was a 3.9 final - demo can confirm.

funkytown said:

oh.. do they just pull out, like the stub and seal kit you can get for the front diff on v9+ 6mts?

That being the case, they should just be held in by the normal circlip arrangement on normal male rear axles :)

Yeah mate...

Thats it...

funkytown']

[quote name='madmike said:

Yeah but you can put the stubs into later model diffs too...

I did when i put Funky's diff into my BC5..

So really they could be from anything...

My vote is..

Left = BC

Right= Omega

/quote]

i'd say you're right - as the old Omega was a 3.9 final - demo can confirm.

3.9 in the omega/leone is correct ALSO rear of SVX is/was 3.9 :)

The left one looks identical to the 5x R160 diffs in my shed:

IMG_0203.jpg

Some were out of Legacys and some out of WRXs and yeah mixture of the stub ones and not. I know from experience with a friends car that the stubs sometimes snap off with a good plate diff, but I imagine the stub going inside could also snap off just as easily...

the right one looks like its from a leone, with the mounting bush like that, also look up the hole in the end of the stub shafts and see if there is a torx bolt up there to hold the stub in , if so its definately that era, as said before if its a plate lsd from a rx leone its worth some coin , i have one that i modded to fit the rs.

rockr said:

the right one looks like its from a leone, with the mounting bush like that, also look up the hole in the end of the stub shafts and see if there is a torx bolt up there to hold the stub in , if so its definately that era, as said before if its a plate lsd from a rx leone its worth some coin , i have one that i modded to fit the rs.

certainly looks like it has the hole up the centre of the stub axle :) so would also get my vote as being from a Leone ,next question is it a LSD