Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Piggyback/standalone options for v5 wrx

exactly what i thought so just get the end of a loom and wire it in? wiring diagrams from link are no problem neither is the actual wiring. do all the v5 sensors work ok? have found the right ecu just a matter of whats required to make it work sensor wise.

Mattapo said:

The other optikn would a b v7 ucu. They are working on setting up early cam and crank triggers

or you could pull the toothed crank wheel thing off and put a v7 one one and run v7 cam and crank sensors, but for all the F'ing around a G4 wouldn't end up costing much more.

Mattapo said:

that power fcs new up on there its out of that mprezu wrx 99 down in nelson had mse turbo 240kw atw or something was offers for a while think hes selling it as parts now.

after reading that link seems like a bit of expense going to v7 probably just worth going to link...unless the crank sprocket was the same from ej207 to the v7 engine. still a mission to sort, think im just gonna save my pennies and plug a link g4 in its the best option.

if u not looling at any more that 240odd kw then a cheaper link g1 will do the trick

its not at sophisticated as a g4 but plug in g1 are cheap (usually seen them from 300-600) and will work 100% with ur setup

if u dont mind wiring then a wirein will do the trick as well

they will be limited to abt 565-600cc injectors as above that seems to get a bit more difficult to get right (from speaking to few tuners on that)

g4 is good if u can save up to there man..fully recomend

but

if u wana get it on a budget no harm in the older links

these are my 2 options at present. i think the possum link is mildly over priced but keeping my eyes open while i save hopefully snaffle a good deal sometime. the g1 does get rid of afm though ae? looked like it in teznu point of the thread. and can run off external map? g1 have internal also from what ive read but struggle to find info on possum links as opposed to link links :D.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=465984333

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=466815331

Yea possumlink and all links remove afm

Yes u can use external map sensor on all of them

The stock one ought to get 20-22 psi if I remember correctly on the v6 (Teznu)

In any case maybe start with getting A link and then upgrade map and all that later

End of the dAy u need to have a goal in mind before u decide where to go

As above if u max out around 240kwatw then possummlink or g1 with mostly bolt ons will do it

If u want more then save and get a g4 as had more options for future

Hold out for a possum link or similar for around 300-600 man they do come up

Hmm I think a member here has a wire in that is abt 300 or so

Cant remember name.... Vadzer or something Damm name escapes me

Hit him up

ive pmd him hopefully hes still got it. goal is as above from what you say it should be fine though. think the map maxed at 18psi from his thread but i can get 3bar cheap through work and intake temp also. will still need intake temp sensor too to replace afm correct?

evowrx said:

ive pmd him hopefully hes still got it. goal is as above from what you say it should be fine though. think the map maxed at 18psi from his thread but i can get 3bar cheap through work and intake temp also. will still need intake temp sensor too to replace afm correct?

not on the older links

on g4 they highly recomend temp sensor but it can still run without

Whats the general consensus on ems stingers? looking at a 4424. had a talk to kent he said it was good option and hes the agent. had a cousin with a 230kw atw legacy fitted and tuned by him. went damn well. kent reckoned he would have an adaptor on the shelf for my wagon too.

would this have better resolution/features than early link. pappu the link youre talking about is a lem v6? cant find any info anywhere but its internal map so im guessing its the last of g1s. both this and 4424 are internal map but not sure if 4424 can run external but has 30psi internal anyway but guessing externals better or later links would have internal. not so much worried about that just whoch is better for what im doing. the 4424 seems a lot newer tech.

• 2 months later...

I rung around torque/speedsource/hi tec/gary capper all said that G1 V5-6 plug ins have idle/cold start issues you cant tune out and also they are very outdated spec wise. Everyone recommends G4 and pretty much everyone sells them. Seems like anyone can tune anything regardless of what it is though. Learnt a lot in this excercise its been a good learning curve.