Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Chile + Subaru = another AWD country

Hope you can enjoy this pics. This are some of the pictures that we toke in our meeting/tracks in Chile. As you can see we have really good places to test our AWD with beautiful landscapes similar with NZ.

Enjoy!

2076918497_99205311ed_o.jpg?width=737&he

DSCN4970c.jpg?width=737&height=552

DSCN4981.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5008.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN4997s.jpg?width=737&height=552

DSCN5021.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN4990s.jpg?width=737&height=552

f1.JPG?width=737&height=552

f4.JPG?width=737&height=552

f6.JPG?width=737&height=552

f7.JPG?width=737&height=552

f10.JPG?width=737&height=552

f21.JPG?width=737&height=552

f17.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5542.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5505.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5502.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5516.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5457c.jpg?width=640&height=480

DSCN5480c.jpg?width=640&height=480

4.jpg?width=628&height=413

DSCN5683.JPG?width=737&height=552

A lunch that we had with many Subaru owners after a day trip.

DSCN5690.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5672c.jpg?width=737&height=552

DSCN5671c.jpg?width=737&height=552

DSCN5653.JPG?width=737&height=552

DSCN5654c.jpg?width=737&height=552

130210011.jpg?width=737&height=552

130210026.jpg?width=737&height=552

Cheers! ;D

Yes, that's true. Subaru has been there in Chile since ends of the 80's and has been a big/importan brand there. Chile is an important market for Subaru, when Subaru has a new model, Chile is the first country in South America after USA to show it so we have thousands of fans in our long country ;D

I'd like to make in some moment a trip, going to some nice and off road place to test our cars, and enjoy a good moment with maybe a barbecue then.

We should organize something hehe.

Cheers.

funkytown said:

wuuuuut there is a b4 outback in that lot? WTF.....Gvalp on the number plate.

Yes, it is!. That's a USA model that to Chile came just few units in 2002. Its also weird for us, its called Outback Sedan. The small UTE is the Baja, also from USA but in Chile we got more numbers than Outbacks Sedan

1.jpg?width=630&height=386

8.jpg?width=631&height=434

6.jpg?width=631&height=423

In USA was not a popular model, so on 2006 I think was the end of the Outback sedan. In Chile we didn't have the IV generation.. I've seen some pics on Internet and looks quite nice that one.

petrolheadjman said:

Love the landscape!!!

Do you guys get turbo's and STI's in Chile?

The south of Chile is very similar to the South Island here, we are in the same latitude as well, but going to the north change a bit comparing with here.

We have in Chile STI and Turbo's but not as much like here, cause the III gen of Legacy has twin turbo can not have the steering on the left side (we drive on the left side of the car) so we didn't get the Twin Turbo models. And also we don't have imported like here, we have just "Chilean new".

Actually now we have just the Legacy sedan turbo (but they don't sell the wagon turbo and I don't know why), Forester Turbo, Impreza (WRX STI) and before changed Legacy/Outback (2004 - 2009) we had the Outback Turbo from USA (was a special edition).But we don't have there Legacy's 2.5 (sometimes we had like "special editions" of the sedan with the 2.5), just 2.0 - 3.0 and now 3.6 (just for sedan, never in Chile we had a wagon with an engine bigger than 2.0 :'( )

But to be honest, for all the Subaru fans, NZ is the paradise if you haven't been in Japan, cause here we have all the versions/models from Japan... its incredible!!!. I use to take pics when I see a japanese version to share it with my friends in Chile and they cant believe it hehehe.

Those are some cool pics :)

Haha yes the first thing I noticed was that sedan outback. lulwut.

You get USDM designed Suby's (being in Chile) so yeah, you get all the crappier built, lower spec'd models unfortunately. We get the smoked dash glass, tinted 5% rear windows, momo steering wheels, rays alloys etc...

aim said:

Those are some cool pics :)

Haha yes the first thing I noticed was that sedan outback. lulwut.

You get USDM designed Suby's (being in Chile) so yeah, you get all the crappier built, lower spec'd models unfortunately. We get the smoked dash glass, tinted 5% rear windows, momo steering wheels, rays alloys etc...

Hahahaha yeah, I'm total agree with you. But if you compare the "NZ new" with the USDM models, those has more equipment, but its not the same than japan ones. For instants the Impreza Outback that I had, that one had heater seats, day driving lights, mirror defrosted, etc...like some ones here from Japan, but not like NZ new ones. At least in Chile the Impreza doesn't have those things. The Momo steering wheel its only in the L.L Bean Edition (USA model) and some Outback from 2002 - 2004

When my friends in Chile see the pics from here like the "net" on the back seats (not sure the correct english name), or the electical folder mirrors, the different design of the seats, etc etc... they can't believe why are so different the Subaru from Japan than the ones sold in the rest of the world...

I'm glad to be here in NZ =)