Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BH5 cannot be unlocked when battery is dead. :sigh:

lord_jagganath

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I would think that is a probable thing or the locks have frozen. I do have an aftermarket alarm, which isn\'t a well known brand though. I have checked, and the armed indicator lamp is totally dead too. Is there a jimmy method that can unlock the doors?

lord_jagganath said:

I have double checked with my dad, whom was drivign the car while I was away, and he mentioned that he has unlocked the door using the keys in the past. SO what would cause the locks to freeze up?

The locks would have frozed up gradually with grit, dirt, sand, corrosion, moisture. Once you get car open again, spray some graphite power, not crc or anything else, into the lock slot and then use key to work the mechanism half a dozen times. In fact, you could try it now.

subout said:

wooden wedge behind the front window from the side, then pop the lock with a coat hanger. Had to do this with the trackcar when locked key inside.

+1 unless you have monsoons, then id break a window as they are easier to find & replace

Anything liquid attracts and hold bits of dust and grit, or leaves a residue.

This from the interweb

\'Avoid using spray lubricants to fix the sticky lock. These do work, but the oils in the lubricants become hard inside the lock and you\'ll have to keep spraying the lock over and over again.\'

• General Member
 pl0x']

[quote name='subout said:

wooden wedge behind the front window from the side, then pop the lock with a coat hanger. Had to do this with the trackcar when locked key inside.

/quote]

+1 unless you have monsoons, then id break a window as they are easier to find & replace

Monsoons dont go down the B pillar : is still easiest way

you\'d be surprised how far you can pull the window out, without monsoons I managed to get my whole arm in a BC5 once [good advert for immobilisers and don\'t worry the thieves already know this]

have you tried the passenger side/boot?

WD40 is recommended by my locksmith mate : NEVER use grease

all else fails call a locksmith, or visit one : he may be able to cut you a new key from code IF yours has worn out

Thanks for all the replies guys, Spend half a day trying to wriggle that coat hanger through that gap. :P no luck.

WD40 was used instead, no luck. Probably will get a locksmith to look at it. The car has caused me more trouble than its worth over the past two years (some inherent issues, most my negligence :( ) A car dealer told me he\'d take it as it is for $1500 towards another car. What do you guys think?

Just a tip i picked up when trying to get into pillarless cars .If you prise open the drivers window a bit and wedge open with something soft you can get at the passengers side door locks across the car with a broom stick or similar bit of wood.

pedro said:

Just a tip i picked up when trying to get into pillarless cars .If you prise open the drivers window a bit and wedge open with something soft you can get at the passengers side door locks across the car with a broom stick or similar bit of wood.

GOOD THINKING THAT MAN !

lord_jagganath said:

Yeah mate .. giving up the ghost and trading it for a nice ugly cvt \'05 Nissan. ... the cvt didn\'t seem bad.

I would stay away from anything CVT, good gearbox AS long as it is serviced correctly using the correct fluid ( usually only available through a dealer at $300 for a 4 litre ).

if you have no maintenance book work on the car i WOULD NOT touch as if they give issues then expensive to fix ( in excess of 10k )