Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

11psi on A J2 ecu?

I put J2 into my V5 today non sti loom solenoid etc but I wouldnt have thought that would matter. Runs about 12psi on A8 non sti ecu. Nothing else has changed but defo sti ecu as rev cut is over 8k. Any ideas? Cant see how the restrictor would limit it but maybe? Not worried about running 16psi as just using as interim but wondering why?

Helpful...so no one has an idea as to why a J2 would boost low? I dont understand how the link has anything to do with it. These are legitimate questions I wasnt the only one to ask about running a mac valve oninstead of factory on a factory ecu the other guy got ignored also.

Not the restrictor and solenoid works same plumbed both ways. No funny boost leak idle and lines look fine. Will leave it as is till get tune unless someone has another smart idea to try.

For future reference removing restrictor made it way slower but still made the same boost.

Is the map sensor same between the 2?

Scan for any code?

Perhaps limp mode?

Have u got an Sti to plug in to and see if makes good boost?

Is the wiring exactly Same on Rex and Sti? I think there are some differences.....

I think the restrictor pill maybe different between Rex and Sti as that Wud easily explain low boost....

SP00N said:

Is the map sensor same between the 2?

Scan for any code?

Perhaps limp mode?

Have u got an Sti to plug in to and see if makes good boost?

Is the wiring exactly Same on Rex and Sti? I think there are some differences.....

I think the restrictor pill maybe different between Rex and Sti as that Wud easily explain low boost....

I reset ecu to try that no codes no cel.

I think the restrictor is different but only comes to play bringing on boost not how much full boost is...I think anyway.

Not too worried tbh just interested dont like things getting the better of me.

restrictor affects full boost value

for same bleed duty cycle on the solenoid, a bigger hole restrictor will get oless boost compared to a smaller hole restrictor

in newer models, i know for a fact the sti have a thinner hole restricter...

maybe same for the j2 equiped cars too....

Its the vf23 internal I put onto the vf22 as it didnt come with one. They should be the same? I tried it without restrictor in the line and got the same boost just slower to come up to full boost. Only other restrictors Ive got are TD04 ones. If it is the restrictor it can stay how it is its quick enough for now.