Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Where can I source cam gears for p1 heads?

kerryg

BC8660 suit PH2 engine

Your PH1 cams are too small in the mounting boss

Also the triggering for the cam sensor on the BC gears is the later system found on MY01+ vehicles

So you\'d need to run the later crank sprocket too and once youve done that you\'d need to do a

metric ton of wiring and reflashing done to a laer ecu or go aftermarket

Real street performance in Florida have them in stock atm - $550 usd +frieght + gst (if cutoms chose)

Are you saying BC8860 will not fit? I have v4/5 heads with ported a kennelly grind married to an older closed deck block, running G4 link?

What about Jun? Will these present the same mounting problem?

thanks for yr help

cheers, great help. Can you tell from the pic what version I have. The actual engine build was done by the shop and i have basically done the nuts and bolts, pulling the engine, replacing etc. project managing. My actual knowledge of the versions etc is limited, according to the invoice the builder sold me ported v4/5 sti heads shim under bucket. Does that make sense?

You can run BC adjustable cam gears on a version 6 head I am doing it. However, as mentioned you have to modify a few things like cam sprocket etc. Theres a bit of work involved you can\'t just bolt them up.

Shim under bucket is what my heads had originally though i went shimless so that part is right.

pic shows old cam trigger this has been upgraded before final fitment.

DSCF1611.jpg

your engine is way tooo sexy, nice. I\'m pretty sure I have v4 heads, shim under bucket. [[if that makes sense] I\'m pulling the engine now. I have established that BC\'s wont fit my cams, so working on a solution. My issue is that after stroking and forging to 2.4 the engine is way to laggy for me [this is a tt conversion- so I guess i\'m not gonna get the tt pull down low but......] although producing 420 whp with boost to spare. [clutch is now fried however thanks to my son- after much research I believe I have the soln here- autoclutch]

so to help the laggy issue now hunting down the gears and squeezing the heads up to achieve a better spool up.

luv scooby\'s but much to learn- i am doing it by trial and error lol

kerryg said:

your engine is way tooo sexy, nice. I\'m pretty sure I have v4 heads, shim under bucket. [[if that makes sense] I\'m pulling the engine now. I have established that BC\'s wont fit my cams, so working on a solution. My issue is that after stroking and forging to 2.4 the engine is way to laggy for me [this is a tt conversion- so I guess i\'m not gonna get the tt pull down low but......] although producing 420 whp with boost to spare. [clutch is now fried however thanks to my son- after much research I believe I have the soln here- autoclutch]

so to help the laggy issue now hunting down the gears and squeezing the heads up to achieve a better spool up.

luv scooby\'s but much to learn- i am doing it by trial and error lol

as mentioned earlier if you have the older style cams made of metal just get them adapted a few places do this and its fairly cheap. If they are the bakerlite type stuff then not sure what you can do.

Did you destroke a 2.5L block to get 2.4L, what turbo is it running?