• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stuck in VOD for 30sec +

Rosssub

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a similar issue recently. I would lose all boost when it went onto twins but if i took foot of gas and back on it would work fine, turns out it was the secondary boost solenoid sticking.Got a refurb box and now works perfect.

My_pill_locations.jpg

I\'ve fitted a factory primary bypass valve, converted back to original vacuum pipe routing (deleted hose 10 mod) and have restrictor pills as per the above diagram.

I disassembled my BBOD, removed each solenoid one at a time and cleaned them out thoroughly while switching them open and closed with an external 12v power source. Got a little more gunk out of the supercharged pressure relief valve #2 solenoid, but I still have the same issue with slow rising secondary boost. I\'ve disconnected the battery for the night with my fingers crossed but I\'ve completely run out of ideas. Help ???

you havent physically checked the sec turbo - just looked at it and spun it

if the tip of the wheels are gone then it wont produce boost untill its got masive amounts of exh gas spooling it

if you have no vac/ boost leaks, correct ! , and no exh leaks pre turbos !

If you ran a long hose from "T" ofr the the primary wastegate into the cabin and then back to the actuactor

You could CAREFULLY while in your massive VOD, cut that hose , which would shut the primary gate allowing max boost

Get ready to lift off the gas if it spools up quick ! = Primary gate or control issue on the gate

If it doesnt spool up then the system ISNT making boost = MUST be sec turbo fault as the primary is working well

Ok I\'ll try that tomorrow night, see if it will free boost while in VOD/TT mode correct?

I\'ll hook an in cabin bleed valve between the \'T\' and the waste gate actuator and open it when stuck in VOD. Carefully

do you know anyone nearby with the same model as you i know that you said you have cleaned both solenoids but one may still be faulty.had both mine cleaned and checked and still the same probs. If you could get another solenoid box and check it would then eliminate that at least. as i said in my earlier post as soon as i changed mine vod problems resolved

I finally got a free boost hose set up, I put another \'T\' in the primary/waste gate line and ran a single hose into the cabin with a screw driver plugging the end. Removing the screw driver at 4000 rpm while in VOD made no difference at all, even leaving the screw driver out when accellerating from a stand still made no difference. Primary still at 12psi and secondary came up slowly to 16psi.

So does this mean my secondary is stuffed, my TT boost is rising slowly because the primary is working through the secondary\'s system? Also that my massive VOD is just lag because the primary is working through the secondary\'s system?

Or have I got it wrong, just made my duty solenoid work over time and need to run hose 23 into the cabin to delete the duty solenoid all together?

somethings wrong there -

The hose you want to put the "T" into is the hose that goes directly into the primary gate actuator

Having this line open (in the car) during primary boost should give massive overspool

If your boost hasnt over spiked and you dont have the "test" hose in the right place or your primary gate is stuck partially open

either compressed air into the actuator ( remember it opens at 7psi) - 100 psi will damage the diaphram !

or use a pair of pliers to push the actuator rod - it should feel free with out binding - it will have some resistance ( your trying to push a 7lb spring)

it should also snap shut , and you should be able to hear the gate valve "clack" as it snaps onto its seat

I put 10-15 psi into the actuator today leak testing again and I can hear it opening and closing. Altough it did seem to close slowly, not much of a \'Clack\' really? I\'ll go and try again now with air and pliers.