Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NOT your average miss!

Ninja8)

Here it goes... No idea if there will be much help but i have nothing else to do at the moment ;)

Run down on modifications to the engine:

- VF34 (EX Turbo) Apexi AX53B70 Turbo (Current)

- Silicone intake

-SSI Headers & exhaust

-Pump

-Split rail with turbosmart reg

-Factory TMIC

-8mm SpitFire Leads

-Greddy Profec 2 EBC

-FACTORY ECU - Throws no codes!

Now my problem:

The car misses on FULL boost/load at 5000rpm onwards. Sounds 100% like a bee r limiter / high pitched shot gun. Boost is currently on 14psi. Will do it on actuator pressure too 7psi. WILL NOT miss if i cruise on the throttle (but isnt making full boost/load).

I have replaced with either brand new or KNOWN WORKING ONES:

-Coils

-Plugs ( all different brands and heat ranges 6-7 and diffferent gap sizes)

-Map sensor, ignitor

-AFM

-Factory leads

-Knock sensor

-ECU

-TPS

-Fuel Pump

-Compression Test - Everythings fine there

-O2 Sensor

-Cam and Crank sensors

-Crank angle sensor feeder (bit that goes behind the cam belt)

-Fuel pressure

-Engine Grounds (even added a grounding kit and voltage stabliser)

- HECK I EVEN CHANGED THE WHOLE CHASSIS!!!

-NO AIR LEAKS - Idles perfectly!

- AFR with wideband a while ago and readings were fine

Me and Marc have managed to fix the miss but for a maximum of 4-5 days and it re appears again! What we did to fix the problems were:

-Injectors

-Ground cables

-Plugs

This is where thinking OUTSIDE the box comes into play. Will upload a video in the next few days. My ONLY LAST IDEA is i need to cough up the money and get my power fc in there and tuned (im not ready :-[) - Going by how the factory ecu is only tuned for a vf23 and factory everything and ive gone and planted a larger turbo without re scaleing the ecu.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks all!!!

evowrx said:

Wiring issue? Sounds seriously spark related.

Wiring issue.. i thought it was for the GF8 as i caught the engine loom on fire and resoldered the whole loom hence me pestering marc to let go of the GC8. But seems that wasnt the problem.

Spark related...yes could be but WHAT ELSE could 1 do thats related to spark. We have done EVERYTHING one can think of that relates to spark.

Ninja 8)']

[quote name='evowrx said:

/quote]

Wiring issue.. i thought it was for the GF8 as i caught the engine loom on fire and resoldered the whole loom hence me pestering marc to let go of the GC8. But seems that wasnt the problem.

Spark related...yes could be but WHAT ELSE could 1 do thats related to spark. We have done EVERYTHING one can think of that relates to spark.

Ignitor possibly?

If not possibly wiring for injectors?

tebbyj']

/quote]

Ignitor possibly?

Have replaced the ignitor too.. As for wiring goes... Wouldnt it be 100% missing all the time if it was a faulty wiring loom.. Rather then it being temprimental as it is now. Intake manifold was on my to do list as heat may have been conducted during the all mighty GF8 fire and damaged the wiring but still brings me back to my question of it being constant problematic rather then temprimental

Ninja 8)']

/quote]

Ignitor possibly?

Have replaced the ignitor too.. As for wiring goes... Wouldnt it be 100% missing all the time if it was a faulty wiring loom.. Rather then it being temprimental as it is now.

Nope when it can be intermittent if its not a clean break if you know what I mean.

Swindog said:

Your getting fuel pressure you say but have you checked the pump? You might get pressure at idle and cruise but when you load it might not be able to handle.

A dodge pump wont throw a code.

100% wont be the pump. GF8 had a walbro..GC8 has a pump (both brand new) but i cant remember the brand. Wont be a cheap product as this was an ex Marc\'s car. What you mentioned does make sense though :)

Ninja 8)']

[quote name='Swindog said:

Your getting fuel pressure you say but have you checked the pump? You might get pressure at idle and cruise but when you load it might not be able to handle.

A dodge pump wont throw a code.

/quote]

100% wont be the pump. GF8 had a walbro..GC8 has a pump (both brand new) but i cant remember the brand. Wont be a cheap product as this was an ex Marc\'s car. What you mentioned does make sense though :)

OK. But have you checked it?

Its like the Lumleys...everyone reckoned the old man didnt do it...look where he is lol.

madmike said:

Does it sound like this?

Nope, spences sounds like a stright map limit on a Link lol. Will get to the bottom of it if he leaves it with me and gives me somthing for my time/countless hours lol ;D. Have helped him with all the obvious stuff/lending parts but need time to go thru process of testing and or elimination to come up with somting more then bro try this or hey marc can I borrow all your suby parts :P. Ither way its not a common one but sure can be fixed. I sure havent seen every problem by far haha so this thread is worth while while he saves up incase som1 has come by this before. I stil reckon somthing in the manifold loom is not right as another free stab lol till then spence peace out :)

lachlan']

speedo plugged in and workin correctly ? that makes a mean rev limiter at 4500 rpm if the ecu isnt getting speedo signal

Yeah speedo cable is installed correctly.

[quote name='madmike said:

Does it sound like this?

url]

[/url]

Nope does not sound like that..

Marc chur man! I know u will b able to fix it! U can fix anything!! Will leave it with you soon when i pay my bills and pay u for the lsd diff! Till then i shall cry :\'(

CUDDAS said:

how much bigger is that turbo?

I had miss issues when i went from a TD05H to my current one which is bigger, maybe not yours but mine was AFM as once the possum link went in it was fine.

Its quite big compared to the factory 23! Theres lots of possiblities which i have already done. Bought a brand new afm from winger. And my old afm must have been mint as Vivian has it at the moment.

Ninja 8)']

[quote name='CUDDAS said:

how much bigger is that turbo?

I had miss issues when i went from a TD05H to my current one which is bigger, maybe not yours but mine was AFM as once the possum link went in it was fine.

/quote]

Its quite big compared to the factory 23! Theres lots of possiblities which i have already done. Bought a brand new afm from winger. And my old afm must have been mint as Vivian has it at the moment.

Ouch what that set you back?

Whats the cfm on that turbo? Got pics of your bay? Should have checked it out when met you in albany.