Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wrx sti spec S?

Ben

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of the STI spec S ? My friend has recently aquired one and I was considering a new toy. It is registered as a spec s but can\'t seem to find any info on such model ?

my guess is some retard wrote that on the rego and is claiming its something special on trade me and its actually nothing

was a massive shit fight ages ago when some one had "GTR" on the rego sticker of a GTiR .

• General Member

50/50 there on Funky and lachlan\'s suggestions

Subaru DO like their acrynom\'s would not surprise me to see the whole alphabet and a few \'untypable\' characters there one day

The_Artist_Formerly_Known_As_Prince.jpg

and yea my GLS Avenger is a SLS in the system

there is a version 10 type s being a jdm option trim package so its entirely possible thats what this is on an earlier version . does it state type s on it ? interior or exterior ? quite interesting

excuse my earlier cynicism

It doesnt seem to have any.. and theres f-all info around the net on anything like it. There seems to be another one similar to mine after a quick hunt round at a yard in Dunedin for more $$$ with the same sort of mods/kms? He\'s claiming more power/bigger brakes etc but i\'m not so keen to start jumping into false claims.

link to similar vehicle:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/wrx/auction-590407165.htm

Once again, im completely new to Subaru\'s, Car was originally owned (possibly imported) by a mechanic at Armstrong Subaru in Christchurch if anybody knows anyone there?

Thanks,

Nik

nikb1234 said:

It doesnt seem to have any.. and theres f-all info around the net on anything like it. There seems to be another one similar to mine after a quick hunt round at a yard in Dunedin for more $$$ with the same sort of mods/kms? He\'s claiming more power/bigger brakes etc but i\'m not so keen to start jumping into false claims.

link to similar vehicle:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/wrx/auction-590407165.htm

Once again, im completely new to Subaru\'s, Car was originally owned (possibly imported) by a mechanic at Armstrong Subaru in Christchurch if anybody knows anyone there?

Thanks,

Nik

that\'s a bog standard sti, with a front lip.

On a semi more related / useful angle - could be worth asking subydoo if they can run the VIN for you for any info - I know back in the day once upon a time people would often get all worked up about whether an STi had gone "through the system" as one or not - there was some arguments online (slowly, it was dialup) where you\'d have two otherwise identical V1/2 STi\'s - but only one came up as a "legit" STi model, and the pother was "apparently" just a bog standard wrx with the exact same bolt on bits and differences an sti vs wrx has

Maybe that just turned into the super-awesome-o JDM only WRXes? I don\'t know

But the "call subaru" angle could have some merit

Could be the older equivalent of like the "crouching tiger" ones you could buy here for a while or what have you

Quote..."Another STI option was added in February 2001-the WRX STI Version S - stripped of lots of luxury equipment like the keyless entry and audio system,aluminium pedals,the trim ring on the gearshift gaiter and even the special STI key ( designed to resemble an ignition kill switch ).Of course , items could be put back on via the accesssories brochure, But the idea was to make the STI motoring more accessible : the basic car (WR Blue only ) cost just 3,033,000 yen and the version S with HID lights ,tinted glass and front LSD was priced at 3,158,000 yen (the latter was available in blue ,white,silver or blue/black mica ).....

From the " Subaru Impreza " by Brian Long.....