Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Damper setup hints - anyone?

• Admin

Mostly looking at Tony here, hopefully he weighs in...

I\'ve got my suspension set up in a way that I like a lot, with regards to height, geometry/alignment and ride quality.

My only gripe is that if I\'m going around a corner at pace, particularly if it\'s quite bumpy, the car will pitch back and forth front-to-back quite quickly and this is somewhat unsettling both with regards to grip and driving comfort. This seems to happen most if I\'m feathering the throttle through the corner... if I\'m brave and keep it planted it doesn\'t do this much.

Currently the suspension on all 4 corners is set up full-soft - low speed, high speed and rebound damping are wound all the way out. Because of the nature of the suspension, this is about equivalent in ride-quality to most coilovers I\'ve experienced wound about half-way in.

Also the external reservoirs aren\'t running any gas pressure at the moment, however they are sealed so they compress under shock stroke.

Any suggestions in terms of damper changes that might help this? I\'m tempted to wind in a bit of low-speed damping and maybe a couple of clicks of rebound to see how it behaves but I don\'t want the ride to get too harsh.

A friend suggested that roll centre adjusters might help as well?

Sorry man, not much help as I have no experience with double adjustable suspension. All I was told (by Al) when I was considering buying the set you now have, was to go a test day, and start at one end of adjustment settings, do a few laps, come back in, change them to the opposite end, do more laps.. then repeat, in small steps through various settings until you know exactly what the settings do and how they feel/make the car react, then try and find a setting that works best for your particular driving style/track/use etc. Pretty much a very time consuming process unfortunatley :(

What you describe happening might be due to your suspension being very sensitive and it can react far better than your usual run of the mill coilovers? Could be worth paying Al a visit and seeing if he has any recommendations for starting points?

• Admin
 Eight dollar said:

? why no pressure in the remote canister

only use nitrogen to fill (check specs) pressure wise again it will a test day thing

You\'ll need a proper shock pressure tester and a regulated nitrogen bottle

Start around 50psi and go up from there

I have the filling kit with gauge. Just need to get some high pressure nitrogen, haven\'t had a chance to arrange it and some research suggests it\'s not the end of the world to run them at atmo pressure. But yeah I\'d like to gas them up and see what it changes.

Mmm Tony Al told me pretty much the same thing.... test and adjust. And yeah the pitching could just be small changes in throttle, maybe I should just learn to drive :/