Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

turbo upgrade?

Rome

Did you buy that legy not long ago? Guessing the car in your side thingy is the car? Not the turbos problem Id be picking what make is it? If it has avcs the thing should kick a tad earlier than non avcs.

What mods does it have ecu etc and put up some decent pics of engine bay.

Have to agree with above if its ching.

ahh right,he said he knew a few people on these forums.

so you reckon i need to upgrade the injectors? i\'m really stumped why its laggy :S

unless it has something to do with the inter cooler piping being too long?

Made 247wkw on lowish boost iirc. Somewhereabouts anyways. What did gary say about why it was low on power? Id decap the injectors and get someone else to tune it. Te rapa did it originally but he only got it going for nats so he could drag it that day. Pretty sure he said injectors were the only hold up with it well looks that way I think it was running a hideous D/C. I think Im being accurate I dont personally know the guy just exchanged a few pm\'s many months ago.

evowrx said:

Made 247wkw on lowish boost iirc. Somewhereabouts anyways. What did gary say about why it was low on power? Id decap the injectors and get someone else to tune it. Te rapa did it originally but he only got it going for nats so he could drag it that day. Pretty sure he said injectors were the only hold up with it well looks that way I think it was running a hideous D/C. I think Im being accurate I dont personally know the guy just exchanged a few pm\'s many months ago.

Garry said pretty much its because the turbo is too "big" and that\'s why its lacking power he said i could equip something along the lines of a vf30 and get more drivability with a slight power increase too.

Hooked a boost gauge up to it the other day and only read 15psi even though garry has tuned it for 18psi feeding the line off the inter cooler piping.

we both weren\'t sure what bearing\'s the previous owner had put in the motor so that\'s why its tuned for around 18psi :-/

Slidesector said:

Hymmm. Just got 247KW at 17.1PSI with maxed pink injectors- screaming 101% duty cycle..

Now for new injectors! ;D

Probably hit steve up on FB but try another tuner. Who knows whats inside that turb Steve does a few combos.

Id plug in the laptop and log boost to see what its really doing.

What do you want out of it? Quick spool or big power? Post up the dyno sheet.

Someone will have slidesectors num get in touch with him.

evowrx']

[quote name='Slidesector said:

Hymmm. Just got 247KW at 17.1PSI with maxed pink injectors- screaming 101% duty cycle..

Now for new injectors! ;D

/quote]

Probably hit steve up on FB but try another tuner. Who knows whats inside that turb Steve does a few combos.

Id plug in the laptop and log boost to see what its really doing.

What do you want out of it? Quick spool or big power? Post up the dyno sheet.

Someone will have slidesectors num get in touch with him.

I\'ve sent steve a message through facebook just awaiting a reply

i was hoping to achieve around the 300kw mark with good spool up

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7856/esva.jpg

Thats probably just brought back to a safer d/c tbh. I decapped a set of pinks and sent to dtech for cleaning and flow testing. Came out at 840cc enough for 320wkw+. That turbos not even working I had similar from my VF22 by GCP.

Get in touch with previous owner and find out exactly what mods it has - that would be a good place to start.

300wkw is on sharp edge of leg out of bed with that block also...

Just compared that to my dyno with VF22. Have to wonder if the headers are an issue or avcs isnt working or something. Try borrowing and bolting up stock headers and seeing if it makes a difference at all. Sure injectors will make more power but that seems pretty slow to make power. Closed loop boost control? Where does it make full boost?

• Admin

That\'s terrible power combined with that spool. Either those turbos suck massive balls on an EJ20 (which is possible) or there\'s something horribly wrong with the tune or the boost control or the turbo. 5000rpm spool is like, GT35 drag motor territory, 400kw.

I make slightly more power with a VF34, very similar mods (EL Headers, G4) and I get full spool around 2000rpm earlier than you.

To be clear the 217wkw chart is a VF22 and different tuner/turbo to the 247wkw. Id like to see the 247wkw dyno sheet I just cant find it on here tho Im sure it was at one point to see if somethings deteriorated or the like.

I dont get why some VF fall over up top as neither my VF23 or 22 did or TD04 either for that matter. Never spiked and always held full boost to redline regardless of boost control.