Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Crazy kiwi engine

Looks pretty good, an axial engine that to me looks like it runs through a swage plate set up ( very limited information available).

will have some pretty good uses,but maybe not as a retrofit as it will come into the same issues as the rotary, mainly being the crank is centre(ish) of the engine

I had wondered over the years what had happened to that Duke engine.

Remember seeing it at Fieldays back when I was barely a teenager. So its been a fair few years and its good to see them still going.

Here\'s another random engine concept being worked on in ChCh

Pivotal Engine

Although last I saw of that was a guy doing his doctorate on getting the seals to last and that was back in 2005.

There\'s also the Aerotwin Engine, from ChCh as well.

And its not an engine, but the Martin Jetpack is pretty cool too.

i remember seeing that pivotal engine and thought it had the worst aspects of a rotary and a piston engine and no real benefit .

the duke engine doesnt seem to have any great leaps forward . its just a giant water blaster .

anything that can displace stuff can be an engine but it doesnt mean it should be / is worth it

Also pretty much anything "new" in piston based internal combustion engines was first trialled back in the days of piston engined fighter planes. If there\'s a war on, R&D budgets get quite big!

I like the out of the box thinking behind some of them, like the engine that Powerbeat International made back in the nineties where the block was just a extruded length of alloy. Had the possibility of cutting down production costs hugely.

Personally I still think the Rotary engine is one of the greatest design\'s for an engine, also still yet to own one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies