• Raised $0.00

Looking at a 3.0R

twinturboboy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jbmurc3.0 said:
Got me new 3.0 today 2007 si drive .....is JDM ..badges on the back 3.0GT bilsteins .. GT ?? would this mean it's a B spec is triptronic love the paddles ...

Has it got a spec.B front bumper and grille? All facelift 3.0 come with Bilsteins, alloy trailing arms etc.

sobanoodle said:
Be prepared to wait, especially when you need a revision. Been waiting for more than a month for a tune update.

That is the trade off I guess. He takes a long time to get back to you. To be fair though he has just had surgery and is currently recovering. I will see if I can get a base tune from him for your ECU. I have a bit more success at times getting hold of him. I have the MY05 version of the same car and when I loaded up Matt's base tune it was miles better than the custom tune I had done by Cryotune.

tweedo said:
Really? I was unaware of that! I was sure mine was always at 1 when I was going through the process with my wagon.

What are your thoughts on the MAF situation after looking at that?

I have messaged Matt but am yet to hear back from him... you did warn of this haha

My stock tune was at IAM 0.7188 when I first started.

Sorry the first LV I did was exported to CSV

First%20LV_zpsybfeyz2m.jpg

Then I reverted to stock after my tune with Crytone wasnt going too well and it looked like this after a few days. Not pretty

LV%2017-01-2014%20Stock%20Pre%20reset_zp

Well, I have just had another look at Learning View and the IAM is now at 0 which I can gather, with my limited knowledge, as not good at all.

I know you guys said it won't be at 1 without a tune but being 0 surely must mean something is not right with this thing?

I have just recently done the Subaru fuel additive along with the upper engine clean, an oil change and cleaned the MAF sensor due to the codes it had stored.

Neither of the 2 earlier codes have thrown again and all of the tables are similar if not a little better than the 2nd table I posted.

I know it's a very vague question but can anyone shed some light on what I should do from here?

The reason I am a little concerned is the fact that I do want to get this car off them at some stage but mainly that I don't want to give it back to them if something is seriously wrong or about to go that way.

Thanks again for the advice and my bad for hijacking the thread to this degree too!

• Admin

Give the ecu another reset and do a pull to almost redline at mediumish throttle. You might find, if you're lucky, your ecu resorts to zero if it hasn't had a full rev range sample to work with.

Mine would always sit at 0.5 until i'd either done quite a few km's or done a full pull and then it'd find its happy place.

Maybe start another thread and post up some screenshots of you LV's to see how the fuel trims and FLKC tables are sitting

Edited by Andy_Mac

I have a very similar ECU. After an ECU reset the IAM will immediately drop to 0. It will then take about 15 mins of driving before it starts going up again. First it will go up to 0.5. From there it will take days to settle.

sobanoodle said:
Has it got a spec.B front bumper and grille? All facelift 3.0 come with Bilsteins, alloy trailing arms etc.

Right ,,,, no honeycomb grill or 18's ...(would like them though) was only interest round having GT after the 3.0 would have thought it would have been 3.0R as that's what it is ....maybe a previous owner fitted it ..

jbmurc3.0 said:
Right ,,,, no honeycomb grill or 18's ...(would like them though) was only interest round having GT after the 3.0 would have thought it would have been 3.0R as that's what it is ....maybe a previous owner fitted it ..

Somebody probably just stuck a badge on it