• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Flooded engine wont start. running out of ideas

whatshouldiget?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out there as I have no idea and I would highly doubt it but could the ecu learn the smaller injectors to a degree where it would run on them especially as its only running 9psi or so?

Try the greys and see if it starts. Dont bother swapping the mani swap just the injectors and see if it runs. Then you will know for sure if its a fuel problem or not.

evowrx said:

Just throwing this out there as I have no idea and I would highly doubt it but could the ecu learn the smaller injectors to a degree where it would run on them especially as its only running 9psi or so?

In a crude way yes, when in closed loop fuelling it would be trying to compensate and that does affect the open loop fuelling also... but not ideal by any stretch, its only like that to take into account small changes from things wearing out with time and changes in the environment etc, not so much a 20% change in injector size

You can run far larger or smaller injectors than normal and have a car drive seemingly just fine, its only when you push the loud pedal that it becomes a bigger issue

Out of curiosity does the car have an aftermarket reg on it as well?

whatshouldiget? said:

As above. so im probably over fueling with the yellows. I bought new plugs today but still no luck of getting it started. just more puffing out the exhaust. It sounds like there is air being released some where after a few cranks but im not entirely sure where. Is that normal? could it be that the injector seals are damaged and there is pressure leaking causing it not to start? either way im going to have to pull injectors out again to try the greys or check the seals. how can i tell whether or not the ecu is a genuine j2? If i pull it out, open it up and take a pic will you guys be able to tell? It should be though cause from what i gather, the earlier model ecu\'s dont fit the v5/6 loom.

If your cranking and cranking and no starty starty then it will blow back out the intake (or sound like it) what it is is the engines sucking and sucking and trying to prime but the excess air has no where to go so comes back out. Entirely normal. You might even get a back fire.

Right, to get out all right, even worse in place too.

Pm subirex dude get him to cast his trained eye over it. If I was closer I would come check it out (not that I would be any help). Somethings got to be not quite right.

lachlan said:

you didnt plug the passenger side cam sensor into the injector and vice versa did you ? think it is possible and has happened before

First thing I put to him cam sensor wasnt plugged in. Must be right way round for it to get fuel on the plugs.

yeah cam sensor is in correct place. yeah mani was swapped over. I had a look at it today and i noticed that the gasket on the passenger side isn\'t correctly on the tabs on the block but the rest of it is tight down. could something like that be a issue? i swear its probably something really simple that i just keep over looking. It\'s always the case with me lol. i always miss the smallest things

whatshouldiget? said:

I had a look at it today and i noticed that the gasket on the passenger side isn\'t correctly on the tabs on the block but the rest of it is tight down. could something like that be a issue?

How far away are the holes from lining up?

What torque did you bolt the manifold down to? 18ft/lbs?

New gaskets?

Rosssub said:

What about Throttle body/IACV/TPS changes between version 3/4-5/6? Guess CEL would trip if that was an issue?

It was working before with same manifold well same style. Guessing the idle control thingy is in but unplugged.

evowrx said:

Long story. Short version - v5/6 body and loom, v3/4 long block and intake mani w/p1 greys but v5/6 tb.

so you trying to run v3/4 sidefeed yellows with a v5/6 ecu expecting topfeed injectors?

a v3/4 intake manifold will need the idle control blocked off if you are running the v5/6 throttle mounted ICV

what is this setup i don\'t even

i require pictures of all things

kamineko']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Long story. Short version - v5/6 body and loom, v3/4 long block and intake mani w/p1 greys but v5/6 tb.

/quote]

so you trying to run v3/4 sidefeed yellows with a v5/6 ecu expecting topfeed injectors?

a v3/4 intake manifold will need the idle control blocked off if you are running the v5/6 throttle mounted ICV

what is this setup i don\'t even

i require pictures of all things

V5/6 are not top feed they are p2 yellow 440cc side feeds. Pics above in linked thread. Looks like a plate is over where the iacv sits on the early mani.

evowrx']

[quote name='kamineko said:

derp yeah. i was drawing attention to the P2 style injectors. are they driven any differently by the ecu compared to P1?

/quote]

The greys were p1 also...so doubt it.

ok. but its assuming a lot.

anyway - once you\'ve installed the injectors, unbolt the rail itself with installed injectors, raise it out of the manifold, then prime the fuel system. if its leaking you will soon know where.