Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STi's vs Evos throughout the Versions.

subypower

EJ20T']

[quote name='Roo said:

I could do plugs on my old sti in under 5min

I get sick of the plugs argument, not like you need to pull them out every day lol?

/quote]

Starion 87 is a mechanic, it took 10mins to do a rear coil be5, im a subaru dealer mechanic, even the easiest ej plug set takes 10mins. If you can actually do the full set open bonnet to close bonnet in 5mins you should open your own shop

Lol i\'ll continue working under my boss for now.

Mine had shifted battery and washer bottle and very well placed i/c piping as well as not being direct fire so i was blessed in that respect

I\'m certain anybody could do plugs on it just as fast :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roo']

[quote name='Roo said:

I get sick of the plugs argument, not like you need to pull them out every day lol?

/quote]

Starion 87 is a mechanic, it took 10mins to do a rear coil be5, im a subaru dealer mechanic, even the easiest ej plug set takes 10mins. If you can actually do the full set open bonnet to close bonnet in 5mins you should open your own shop

Lol i\'ll continue working under my boss for now.

Mine had shifted battery and washer bottle and very well placed i/c piping as well as not being direct fire so i was blessed in that respect

I\'m certain anybody could do plugs on it just as fast :P

I remove washer tank and intake pipe never the battery. Not sure how easy it is to work around the stock airbox but with what I use it would probably just need the top half removing which is 4 clips and a hose clamp isnt it? COP takes a tad longer mainly coz theyre a prick to get out pastthe chassis rail on the rears.

Anyway point is its not a massive drama to do and its really really stoopid how people always bring it into play when comparing to evos.

/sparkplug shit.

Roo said:

I agree with EJ20T, if you can do plugs on a Subaru in under 5 mins I would recommend you open a Subaru service centre. You would be absolutely god dam creaming it. How long would it take for you to do a cambelt? Cam covers? Clutch? I\'m interested.

And no you don\'t need to do plugs everyday, I agree. However if the situation were to arise that I had 2 WIP\'s to choose from at work. One was for Plugs on a EVO or the second choice of plugs on a Subaru.. I know which WIP I would be choosing. Cambelt on the otherhand, I would choose Subaru anyday.

And don\'t get me wrong, I love Subaru!!! My wife and I have just brought our 6th Scooby! No Mitsi in the garage here.

Marky said:

I think the point is its a bastard of a job on most *stock* subarus where you need to pull out batteries, airbox and whatever else, compared to just unbolting a coil on a lancer or almost any other car

Any car related job is as easy as you have experience on it. Im sure if asked most mechanics the time to do sparkplugs on a legnum they\'d saying 3 hours, but I can do it in 10 or 15 mins simply cause ive done it so often, ditto for guys who can swap a clutch out between races when its a full weekend job for most (and a million other jobs)

I see an evo gearbox as far simpler than a subaru one simply cause ive replaced a dozen of them, same goes back the other way

I do lol at how people go on about how the subaru is the more refined car /evo is harder edged, 90% of the guys on here immediately ruin that refined aspect with big exhausts and stiff suspension anyway so its not reeeeally a benefit so to speak

Bit like that debate about bc vs gc, you can argue technical points all day but end of the day people will still get swayed by emotion and opinion regardless

Well said!

87_starion']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

I agree with EJ20T, if you can do plugs on a Subaru in under 5 mins I would recommend you open a Subaru service centre. You would be absolutely god dam creaming it. How long would it take for you to do a cambelt? Cam covers? Clutch? I\'m interested.

Cambelt took ages due to incorrect parts supplied so i can\'t give an actual time frame for that. Never needed to do clutch or cam covers either on a subaru yet

I\'m not actually a mechanic, i prefer doing my sparky thing, every vehicle is a puzzle that needs to be solved :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hasn\'t missed a beat, took it to wellington this week to visit a family member.

Left at 3am to head down, drove back overnight last night. Awesome car on the open road, I know people hate

that twin turbo system but it has power throughout the entire rev range. It\'s been dam good to me :)

• 2 weeks later...