Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BH Legacy - where to run a power cable through the firewall?

filthyrich

What size amp?

Just tap into the battery feed to the interior fusebox, fuse it and as an option you can put it through an accessory fed relay too to be real flash. That way you don\'t get that ugly as fuck big red wire wound around your engine bay

If you\'re going full ott sound system then i prob wouldn\'t use this method

• Admin
 Roo said:

What size amp?

Just tap into the battery feed to the interior fusebox, fuse it and as an option you can put it through an accessory fed relay too to be real flash. That way you don\'t get that ugly as bother big red wire wound around your engine bay

If you\'re going full ott sound system then i prob wouldn\'t use this method

I wouldn\'t use that method for my headunit let alone an amp.

If you don\'t like how it looks, put some split loom over it.

To much Voltage/Amp Draw for the OEM Fuse Box wiring (not big enough). Could cause the Head Lights to dim when you turn the Stereo up. Like a Head units lights dimming with Bass from an under gauged power feed.

This is my Engine Bay Amp/Sub Main Power Feed, straight into the Guard:

wire_001.jpg

Here\'s the Fuse hiding in the guard. Can just see the red Power Cable up top, its then cable tied to an OEM loom running along the Inner Passenger Guard. It goes back into the cabin at the Passengers feet, into the Passengers Side Kick Panel/Front Left Sill.

Primary_Boost_Control_TT_004.jpg

Scoobydoo said:

If I remember correctly, there is a spare grommet / bung on the drivers side, above the clutch pedal. It is a bit of a PITA to get to though.

its one of the easiest ones to go through, the others are easy enough to with a groundsnake.

boon said:
I wouldn\'t use that method for my headunit let alone an amp.

Lol what so you run a separate cable from the battery for your headunit too?

Could start a quad with the cable coming into the cabin.

I run a 400w powered from inside with zero headlight dimming.

But it\'s only there for sound quality and i don\'t have it riceboy loud.

Just cause there\'s a 30A fuse in an amp doesn\'t mean they draw 30A all the time. They draw very little at low volumes

• Admin
 Roo']

[quote name='boon said:

I wouldn\'t use that method for my headunit let alone an amp./quote]

Just cause there\'s a 30A fuse in an amp doesn\'t mean they draw 30A all the time. They draw very little at low volumes

To say I am a little bit familiar with the workings of your average Class A/B car audio amplifier with a PWM MOSFET Switchmode power supply would be something of an understatement ;)

But 400w is for little girls :-*

• 2 weeks later...
 boon']

[quote name='boon said:

I wouldn\'t use that method for my headunit let alone an amp./quote]

To say I am a little bit familiar with the workings of your average Class A/B car audio amplifier with a PWM MOSFET Switchmode power supply would be something of an understatement ;)

But 400w is for little girls :-*

Bigger is for ricers :)