Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bc5 rs ra problems

Gator

Hi team got my new toy on the weekend need advice

Crunches into 3rd and 5 th everytime you change no matter weather doing fast or slow up or down.

Has a hesitation at 3k with nil bost in any gear like 5th at a hundred give it gas and it sorts it self out.

Just started a weird noise below left head light - inter cooler pump?

Zeus said:

Crunches - new clutch

Lack of boost - coils or vac leak perhaps

What kind of weird noise and when does it do it?

Crunches = new clutch..tell me how that one works boss.

He said "hesitation" not lack of boost..

Me say coils or plugs

Gator said:

Hi team got my new toy on the weekend need advice

Crunches into 3rd and 5 th everytime you change no matter weather doing fast or slow up or down.

Has a hesitation at 3k with nil bost in any gear like 5th at a hundred give it gas and it sorts it self out.

Just started a weird noise below left head light - inter cooler pump?

Did the previous owner not inform you of these issues?

Besides stripping the gearbox and refreshing those particular synchros; you could drain and refill with a premium fluid - I would recommend Motul Gear 300 or similar market competitor, this only disguises the problem. Or may make it more noticeable.

As Koom has pointed pointed out, Have a thorough look at the all of the ignition system - Pull the coils and inspect and change the plugs during. Perhaps look into a coil upgrade if these are stuffed.

The intercooler pump is located under the passengers side headlamp. Turn the key to ON you should hear the Pump running. Probably needs new bearings easy to do or go find a 2nd hand pump at pick a part.

said this in the auction

"- Cambelt, waterpump etc was done at 221,000kms

- New tyres and shocks done less than 1,000kms ago

- Spark plugs and coils all done at 220,000kms

##Note the gearbox sometimes crunches into third and fifth gear##"

I still feel I should have been told it crunches every gear change not every so often.

he did say it had just been back to subaru to get the oil changed in the box and he hadn\'t driven it but his dad said it has made it alot better.

so im guessing the changed the oil and it has made it worse.

any idea what price it should be to get the box apart and fixed.

I dont do things like this i pay to get them done.

will fit a new clutch while box is off too

It will cost you about $1400 for new bearings/seals and replace syncromesh. That\'s including removal and refit.

A new clutch wont add much more in labor.

You could try a gearbox additive. Once again - not a cure - but may improve shifting while you figure out what you want to do.

Will you still bring it to the meet?

if all done in time I will still be at the meet.

taking to mechanic today.

im going to probably go for the re build option im keeping this car for a long time atleast I know the gear box will be mint