Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WRX RA - Anything Special?

Saw this on trade me; I\'m in the market for a GC8 WRX (preferably STi) but came across this. Appears to be an RA, whether the owner knows it or not..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=708611585

My question is, what did the WRX RA get as opposed to the WRX of the same year?

Obviously no DCCD, or roof vent like the STi; But does it have anything special over the WRX - Lighter is my guess but not sure what else.

Thanks!

scooby-wrx']

It appears to be a genuine WRX RA.

WRX TYPE RA was built to comply with the Group N / Group A rules and this will be lighter than an equivalent STI RA. The engine was also a lot stronger on the pre 97 RA than the other models due to being closed deck sand cast.

Here\'s a bit more info:

http://wrxtypera.webs.com/imprezaspecs.htm

Thanks I was wondering about this, as I had read elsewhere that only the MY93 - 94 got the closed deck block.

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

looks like a nce car if not "genuine and un-molestered" as the seller states.

I\'d buy it, would prob start it something like 5K though

Yes I think it is worth a look, with bit of work it would be a tidy car.

Ray, how did you find it going to a non STi WRX, after previously driving an STi?

• Admin
 ben-jamminn']

WRX TYPE RA was built to comply with the Group N / Group A rules and this will be lighter than an equivalent STI RA. The engine was also a lot stronger on the pre 97 RA than the other models due to being closed deck sand cast.

Here\'s a bit more info:

Thanks I was wondering about this, as I had read elsewhere that only the MY93 - 94 got the closed deck block.

/quote]

Ray, how did you find it going to a non STi WRX, after previously driving an STi?

in a way i haven\'t noticed it at all... I think mainly because drove a fleet of slow nana spec cars between the STI RA and the JDM WRX. I plant food in the WRX now and it feels fast, and responsive to drive. That said, i know the current WRX is much slower than my old STI, and I miss my old one massively. I\'m yet to hit the track and see exactly what the clock says.

i think the main thing I\'m going to miss when it comes to track and autox work is the DCCD... but we will see next month...

kamineko']

[quote name='kamineko said:

its not a RA. looks like a mix of bits

/quote]

Actually let me get back to you on this.. sorry

..i was half way through researching this drunk, got frustrated that the russian subaru fast server is down then got called to bed lol

anyway yeah it does seem to be a ~95 WRX RA with the electrics optioned, and some other sti bits slapped on

its just that something about it bugs me. i guess i just want to look at it in person

kamineko']

[quote name='kamineko said:

its not a RA. looks like a mix of bits

/quote]

Actually let me get back to you on this.. sorry

..i was half way through researching this drunk, got frustrated that the russian subaru fast server is down then got called to bed lol

anyway yeah it does seem to be a ~95 WRX RA with the electrics optioned, and some other sti bits slapped on

its just that something about it bugs me. i guess i just want to look at it in person

STi high level spoiler and fog light covers - any other STi parts you can see?

Also, do you know whether this would have been fitted with the closed deck block and 5th injector? I can\'t see the injector in the pic..

RAYDEO']

Here\'s a bit more info:

/quote]

in a way i haven\'t noticed it at all... I think mainly because drove a fleet of slow nana spec cars between the STI RA and the JDM WRX. I plant food in the WRX now and it feels fast, and responsive to drive. That said, i know the current WRX is much slower than my old STI, and I miss my old one massively. I\'m yet to hit the track and see exactly what the clock says.

i think the main thing I\'m going to miss when it comes to track and autox work is the DCCD... but we will see next month...

Hmm being in the silly seat of Linda\'s STI the other week bought a smile to your dial...