Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru Ho's Project Legacy

If you are planning on tuning the ECU, then you will have to make sure you have a ECU that can be tuned. 01/02 was the change over year if I remember correctly.

At the end of the day, a couple of g will get you a tuned twin with no more potential.

The same money will get you a single with more future tuning potential and more parts options. I know which way I would go.....

boostin said:

The facelift BE/BH got the tuneable ECU.

Yeah thats right. Only the DENSO ECUs are tunable. The earlier ones were made by JECs and no major tuning software ever really came out for them so I believe.

EcuTek tune is possible with the DENSO ECUs. Torque Performance in Auckland do that, combined with an upgraded intake - think its around $1500 though, but supposed to iron out a lot of the hassle with the VOD.

If you get one with the DENSO ecu though, you can tune it yourself IF you are confident in what you are doing. OpenECU/Romraider are tools which you can use for the job - you may even be able to score a pre-tweaked ROM off the net and all you need to do is flash it to your ECU. Keeping in mind though to backup the original image onto your PC in case of a problem...

Glen said:

So what do you mean by re ironing the chassis?

Didn't get it done right first time.

Next she'll be washing the car, and baking the engine.

If your lucky she might even dust the sump

Maybe they'll vacuum the rims and mop the headlights as well.

Guest boostcut

this thread is gold... if you want performance for cheep buy a gokart. i just bort one and for 1500 you cant accellerate brake or corner any quicker unless your driving a lambo or some shi t

like i said find a good tuner that will do it before you doing anything becuase i think they pretty rare

[/sT-HI TEC auckland?]

Guest STiEVO
 webup said:

If you earn $300pw you shouldnt be wasting any on modified an already powerful car ;)

+1 or even own a subbie for that matter or better yet sell the leggy and go buy a type r honda

SubaruHo']

[quote name='pl0x said:

like i said find a good tuner that will do it before you doing anything becuase i think they pretty rare

/ST-HI TEC auckland?]

ST-HI TEC, i was goin to go there, the guy didnt understand me so well, as his english was a bit off.

i have herd sence, that they are not the best guys with tuning a subaru, but if you hav a nissan, they are great.

nice people though

-smurff

Guest boostcut

st hi tec is mint!!! soichi is a good dude and seriously knows everything about everything... one of the better yellow dudes

boostcut said:

st hi tec is mint!!! soichi is a good dude and seriously knows everything about everything... one of the better yellow dudes

Agreed.

He's been around for Ten years; I remember seeing a Highly modified blue Type R that came from his workshop.