Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Need some advice on a BL5!

smoothsubie

gotasuby said:
Jdm pros:tinted Windows, alloy suspension arms. Hid lights. Spring loaded cubby. Reclining rear seats in wagon and electronic seat folding. More engine covers. Keyless entry and beep on un lock and lock

Nzdm/adm pros. 260km speedo. No speed cut. Better service history. Full size spare. English stickers and labels. Easier to reflash as there are more roms around. Obd2 compliant. Better looking rear bumper in my opinion. McIntosh is standard in turbo and 3.0r. Steering wheel controls in manuals. Cruise control in manual models

Hrm, our NZ new manual GTB wagon has reclining rear seats, tinted windows, spring loaded cubby, the beepy locking/ unlocking, and fairly sure (will double check) alloy front arms. It doesn't have cruise control, or stereo controls on the steering wheel. Also, the McIntosh 6 CD stacker is a great stereo when it is working, but our second one has just gone south.

Andy_Mac said:
Dropped down to $13k now, bloody good buy. Would consider it myself but think i definately need a wagon this time around

Yeah im going to look at it next weekend :) If its nice and well looked after Ill be very keen.

Are they just as quick in a 6speed?

gotasuby said:
So I've done some more research on the nz new gt. They are the Japanese spec same as jdm not adm like the 3.0r. Including the heated seats (leather) and rear fog light.

Ok, we have leather heated and power adjustable seats. We have the 260km/hr speedo. And we have matching twin rear reversing lights; not the odd mismatch you see on imported cars which I assume is the fog light.

Also, is there any decent thread or link to a site that has info about the different BL/BP revisions and what was changed/added in each revision? I guess this differs for JDM and NZDM as well?

I have tried the search but didnt get anything!

Best off just researching and asking questions on both here and liberty.asn.au

Ignore wikipedia or legacygt.com or any other US based site/forum, they will most likely focus on the USDB 2.5L models which have completely different configurations for each model year.

Here's one helpful piece of information I've used in the past, details the suspension revisions over the years.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-jdm-oem-suspension-61108.html

Thank you everybody! With your help and info it all came together for me and I drove this home from CH today. So stoked! Steering was something that i always had an issue with in my BH, it was too light and lacked feel, but the BL is so much better. Goes bloody well too. Thanks again chaps!

And for all those photographer types, my apologies for the lack of photo skills!

10361052_10152950504724815_6985504142768

• 1 month later...