Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STM now offering custom dyno reflashing - info within

reflashheader.jpg
    At STM we deal with a huge variety of customers, and we have noticed that a lot of people are not aware that reflahing is a tuning option that may be suitable for their car. This is not a new technique, and it is certainly not something that we have pioneered. It is however a straightforward, cost effective method of tuning an engine, and provides the ability to tailor the engine mapping to suit your specific modifications.
    BOOK FOR A REFLASH AND RECEIVE A FREE DROP IN HKS PANEL FILTER*
    WORTH $99
    hkspromotion.jpg
    Reflashing is a technique that allows modification of the factory engine management map through the vehicle’s OBD2 port. This allows us to alter the factory ecu mapping in exactly the same manner that the factory calibration engineers perform the task. There is no wiring required, none of the factory components are removed or changed, and the factory map can be returned to stock at any time if required.
    We have been developing our reflash technology utilising the EcuFlash software package. The actual ‘map’ in an ecu is only a hex file that is of little use on its own. EcuFlash allows the hex file to be read out of the ecu, and a ‘definition’ file is then used to distinguish which areas of the hex file contain the relevant tables that the ecu accesses. Modification can then be made to the tables as required before the hex file is written back into the ecu.
    The key to effective reflashing is the development of accurate definition files. With the majority of the EcuFlash community being based in the USA, a lot of the readily available definitions are not suitable for the JDM vehicles we see in NZ. The team at STM have spent countless hours of dyno time checking, testing and developing our library of definitions to ensure safe and reliable results for our customers.
    At STM we pride ourselves on providing performance without compromise, and we have not rushed into the reflash market. It is only after our extensive development over the last two years, and successful in-house testing on countless vehicles that we are now happy to offer this service to the public.
    Applications
    We believe reflashing is the perfect solution for light to moderately modified vehicles, and have been using this technology with great success. We have developed upgrade packages for late model Mitsubishi and Subaru vehicles, combining high quality aftermarket parts with a reflashed ecu to optimise performance and reliability.
    All our reflashes are performed in-house on our Dynapack 6000 chassis dyno. This is not a ‘mail-in’ generic map, but is custom tuned specifically to suit your car. We believe that this is the only 100% reliable means of tuning an engine and is the only way we can ensure the perfect result for our customers.
    Reflashing can cope with a wide variety of modifications, including upgraded turbos, larger fuel pumps and injectors, as well as engines with larger displacement, forged pistons, or aftermarket camshafts. About the only restriction is the requirement to retain the mass airflow meter (MAF).
    Application List:
    Mitsubishi EVO 7-10
    Mitsubishi Airtrek
    Subaru Impreza WRX/STI V7-11
    Subaru Legacy 2001-
    Advantages:
    - Cost Effective – No need to spend thousands of dollars on a standalone ecu, then pay more for it to be installed – works with the hardware you already own!
    - Discreet/invisible modification – There is no way to tell that the factory ecu has been reflashed. This means that your factory warranty will not be effected, and your insurance company isn’t going to worry

- Retain factory driveability – With reflashing, we only alter the aspects of the mapping that require adjustment. This means that the factory cold start, idle control and driveability are retained. These are all aspects that a lot of tuners struggle with on a full standalone ecu.

- Retain Factory Safety Features– Reflashing retains all the factory safety features such as knock protection, active knock control and dual octane maps for fuel and ignition timing. These features are designed and optimised for your particular engine by the factory engineers, and are only offered in the very best aftermarket ecus.

- Improved Fuel Economy – Retains the factory closed-loop air fuel ratio control to provide the sort of economy that most aftermarket ecus can only dream of. Recalibration of target air-fuel ratio can also provide better than stock cruise economy.

- Closed Loop Boost Control – In many situations we can recalibrate the factory boost control system to provide excellent boost control without the need for an expensive standalone boost controller.

- Retain OBD2 Diagnostics – The factory ecu can still be interrogated with typical OBD2 scan tools for full diagnostic output if you have a sensor error resulting in a CEL fault on your dashboard.

- Variable Cam Control – On late model Subaru and Mitsubishi EVO 9-10 the cam timing can also be controlled and adjusted. This can provide earlier turbo spool-up as well as improved power and torque.

- Quick Turnaround – Reflashing can be performed inside a day, and we can also do the job while you wait if required.

Disadvantages:

- Must Retain Mass Airflow Meter (MAF) –The factory ecu requires the retention of the MAF. While this is not necessarily a disadvantage, the resolution of the MAF does limit the ultimate power potential of the combination.

- No Launch Control/Flat Shift/Antilag – The factory system does not allow for the inclusion of typical motorsport functions such as launch control, flat shifting or antilag.

- Not Suitable For Extreme Modification – While we feel reflashing provides the perfect solution for lightly to moderately modified vehicles, if you are aiming to build a top level time attack car or a serious drag car then you may be better to look at a standalone ecu. The team at STM can advise you as to the best option for your application.

STM have the knowledge, experience, technology, and the proven track record to give you the best results possible. We are also backed by the strength of the MTA, so you can have the confidence that you are dealing with true professionals that share the same passion and enthusiasm for cars that you do.

Contact the friendly team at STM today and discuss options for your car. For most applications we can provide options for a staged upgrade path, and typical power gains that you should expect for your vehicle. We are always happy to discuss your modifications, and provide genuine advice to ensure you get the best result for your modification dollars.

In fact we are so confident that you will be blown away by the results of our reflash packages that if you are not happy, we will provide a 30 day money-back guarantee. Nobody else in the industry does that, so what have you got to lose except the guy behind you? Call us now to book.

Below are some dyno plots of some customers cars we have reflashed.

Subaru WRX Version 7

Red Plot: 3" Turbo back exhaust

Green Plot: After reflash. 37.9kw atw gain.

subaru_impreza_sti_v7.jpg

Subaru WRX STi Version 8 C Spec

Red Plot: 3" Turbo back exhaust

Green Plot: 3" Front Pipe, filter and reflash. 31.2kw atw gain.

subaru_impreza_sti_v8_cspec.jpg

Subaru WRX STi Version 11

Blue Plot: Standard

Green Plot: Reflash. 16.5kw atw gain.

subaru_impreza_sti_v11.jpg

Subaru Legacy GT 2003

Red 1 Plot: Standard

Red 2 Plot: HKS Centre Pipe, HKS Rear Mufflers, EVC5, Carbon Fibre Intake and filter. Reflash. 27.8kw atw gain.

subaru_legacy_bp5.jpg

STM | Speedtech Motorsport Ltd - 04 5866384 - [email protected]

Unit 7 / 115 Gracefield Road, Seaview, Wellington

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keltik said:

Able to reflash a 6cylinder?

No sorry, we have not confirmed or developed definitions for the 6 cylinder models, and currently we probably won't due to the level of interest.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
 Scoobydoo']

[quote name='pl0x said:

Can you reflash - legacy bh5/be5 rev "D" ecus? if you can could you reflash them to suit a single turbo engine?

/quote]

Pretty certain that's a negatory.

they can be as a TT - but whether its worth it or many gains to be had i dont know.

cant answer whether they can be tuned for single turbo tho..

Raynes said:

Silly question perhaps. But can you run bigger/aftermarket injectors?

Bigger injectors are no problem.

Sorry about the delay, haven't been getting notifications.

wrx_lou said:

How does this work with ongoing modifications? is it the same price each time you need it dynoed? Also once its been done can it be altered by anyone else or is it locked to your workshop?

Your first reflash at STM will be $1295. To get touch ups to suit modifications would significantly cheaper. Priced on a case by case basis. Normally between $300-600.

We do not lock your ECU.

Please note we have a 30 Day Money back guarantee* We are that sure you will be impressed!

JoKer']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

not that this thread ever gets answered though.

/quote]

yea it does sometimes - for some reason certain members are not receiving notifications (again) on their threads try a PM

Sorry about that, we haven't been getting notifications.

I will check on this thread a bit more frequently. Feel free to email me with any questions. [email protected]

• 1 month later...
 STM']

[quote name='pl0x said:

Can you reflash - legacy bh5/be5 rev "D" ecus? if you can could you reflash them to suit a single turbo engine?

/quote]

Sorry we don't reflash these models.

In your first post u say u reflash legacy 2001-on or do you mean 2003 on?

• 1 month later...

how much to reflash my v8 wrx sti spec c . ive already got a ecutek remap or somethink like that the old owner did it .

is that the same thing ? would it be a good idea to get 1 or is the ecutek from wrc already a remap?

Spec C said:

how much to reflash my v8 wrx sti spec c . ive already got a ecutek remap or somethink like that the old owner did it .

is that the same thing ? would it be a good idea to get 1 or is the ecutek from wrc already a remap?

It will be the same thing.