Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to drift B4 Legacy? Understeer?? Handling??

Guest Eastwolf

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boostin said:

I've seen a WRX on 4 spacesavers. Zero traction. :o

I wanted to try that in my old Gravel Express as it was a sh*tter but never had the guts to actualy go through with it. :(

Guest Eastwolf
 Koom said:

Install Adjustable Coilovers with Extra Heavy Duty Springs.

Wind the dampers up to full hard.

Maybe dial in some extra camber in the front and toe out the rear a bit plus no rear camber.

Disconnect front swaybar.

Update Life Insurance.

Clean side windows.

Hang on.

errrr... this was the most helpful post.

So we have established that

- B4's understeer

- GTB's are better to hang the a$$ out.

- B4's are difficult to hang 10 with, although it IS possible. Weight tsfr is the key.

As said, I have tried in the wet.

Someone said secondary boost in 2nd.... that means 80-90kph??!!!! No thanks!

Isn't primary enough??? Boohoo..... won't work for me.

Is throttle off enough? or require braking (for weight tsfr).

I don't mind revving up, but don't want it bouncing off the limiter! Is that necessary?!!

Oh my.

Eastwolf']

[quote name='Koom said:

Install Adjustable Coilovers with Extra Heavy Duty Springs.

Wind the dampers up to full hard.

Maybe dial in some extra camber in the front and toe out the rear a bit plus no rear camber.

Disconnect front swaybar.

Update Life Insurance.

Clean side windows.

Hang on.

/quote]

errrr... this was the most helpful post.

So we have established that

- B4's understeer

- GTB's are better to hang the a$$ out.

- B4's are difficult to hang 10 with, although it IS possible. Weight tsfr is the key.

As said, I have tried in the wet.

Someone said secondary boost in 2nd.... that means 80-90kph??!!!! No thanks!

Isn't primary enough??? Boohoo..... won't work for me. no

Is throttle off enough? or require braking (for weight tsfr).depends on your speed

I don't mind revving up, but don't want it bouncing off the limiter! Is that necessary?!! yes maybe not limiter but definatly full noise is best

Oh my.

if you dont want to thrash the car, maybe drifting inst the right sport of choice, maybe you should try a leisurely Sunday drive.

I didnt see anyone mention the obvious.... (but Im old/blind - so could have missed it).

Choose the right road, something with slow(ish) speed corners and plenty of them - so your not going too fast that you cant regain control/loose your license.

Second - use your fricking handbrake to break the back out enough - then swallow some hard pills and pretend like you dont care about the cars health and do your best to control the sudden snap back as you regain grip.

Ohh and do this in the rain. I should add you dont really need to modify most turbo 4WDs to manage to get them to get the bum out - but dont expect to be able to link corners with one without alot of power and a stiff suspension setup. But at the end of the day if you cant get the car to oversteer while factory - your not trying hard enough and you should probably go buy something RWD.

Anyway... If your dumb enough to do this on the road - expect negative consequences.

Stick to paddocks and/or small/tight drift tracks, although not the race track as you will most likely end up rolling the car if you throw it sideways into the curbing at a racetrack.

Guest Eastwolf

Thanks guys... I thought something was wrong with the car. Must be just the driver. I think

I don't want to be a drifter.... just to take off from intersection and get a little sideways action.

Fully appreciate that RWD's are better for this.

I have seen an Altezza losing grip doing 45 round a corner (don't think it was on purpose)... if he can, can't a B4 on primary boost?

Hmmm. mild sedatives.... could be the recipe!

Thanks for concern guys. I am old and don't intend on disgracing the clubsub rep... so will not be wreckless.

Agree... grass is best bet. =)

Guest loren
 Eastwolf said:

I have seen an Altezza losing grip doing 45 round a corner (don't think it was on purpose)... if he can, can't a B4 on primary boost?

you don't need power for that just the handbrake. keep in mind the penalty for intentionally losing grip is high.

I really recommend you go do some autox events. you will learn a lot about your car, and learn a lot about driving,

and be allowed to drive as crazily as you want with no fear of breaking the law. It's a lot of fun.

Eastwolf said:

Thanks guys... I thought something was wrong with the car. Must be just the driver. I think

I don't want to be a drifter.... just to take off from intersection and get a little sideways action.

Fully appreciate that RWD's are better for this.

Hmmm. mild sedatives.... could be the recipe!

Thanks for concern guys. I am old and don't intend on disgracing the clubsub rep... so will not be wreckless.

Agree... grass is best bet. =)

your an absolute muppet if ya do.. ClubSUB does not condone any sort of that behaviour!! >:( and doing that out of an intersection is reckless.. leave it on the track dude..

Guest boostin

That last one is awesome. Gotta love antilag!!

My old 2.2 NA sedan would drift. I just used to give it a clutch kick and it would step out ok.

If an old NA can do it, surely a TT can??!!

Guest Eastwolf

Cheers guys.

Is "clutch kick" letting it out suddenly with heaps of gas?

MintGTB... do not fret.

Curiousity is driving this more than anything else.............. peace.

really at 2500 rpm.... i don't even have any boost to use till 3500 plus... and even then i doubt it gunna drift unitl about 5500rpm, or are you talking about sitting at a intersection then pulling out and giving the clutch a wee kick ? or in the wet?

I think the B4s are the heaviest of all Legacy models, but none of the turbo legacies have too much trouble stepping the back out in the wet. Even the autos. Find a dairy farmer with a big concrete pad outside their milking sheds, hose it down, standing start, half a turn of lock, floor it.