Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

motor assembly

STiNGR

I've got my block assembled by Richard now im in the process of doing the rest myself. So everything above block like intake mani, injectors, turbo, loom etc etc. What I'm seekin is some instructions (with pics possibly) so I can get cracking.

Does anyone have a link or anything that could assist me in this process?

• 3 weeks later...

Just follow your nose boss its easy as. Bolt crosspipe and sensors on. Bolt alt bracket on, p/s pump and put intake on block. Bolt engine mounts, flywheel, clutch, mani on and exhaust mani with turbo etc. Then coil pack/leads. Then drop it in complete. Tmic goes on last.

Take an hour max.

Edited by evowrx

Oh yer I know how to put all pumps/alternator etc on just not wiring and lines as I have gone to a vf30 and just unsure if I have to change water pipes/oil lines etc etc it's just I have never worked on a v3/4 motor it's only v5/6 motors I have ever delt with. Will have another play tonight. I'm confident just would hate to mess up one thing and lunch my new motor.

Test fit it on the engine stand to make sure everything lines up and nothing fouls on turbo. I'm doing a similar thing atm, it's pretty easy stuff just bolt on this and that sorta deal haha. Then again I took mine apart myself so I kinda have it mapped in mind

evowrx said:
Just make sure you use the banjo bolts for the vf30. May have to cut the join between the 2 coolant lines turbo end.

Yer I've got all nessessary bolts/lines for the 30. Richard changed the crossover pipe for me to a v3/4 type. Here is a pic at what stage I'm at. It's mainly like breathers, vac, water and oil lines that I'm unsure about. Thing is I'm running a v7 STi block with v4 STi ra heads just not 100% if like water pipes/breathers on the v7 block are in the same location of that of a v 3/4 block and if I need new pipes bla bla.

x52xbvh1.z2g.jpg\

l4bf130z.hlv.jpg\

mhi4pna0.xwc.jpg\

egxuj3y5.xhe.jpg\

hb5r0hxz.si2.jpg

What are the we pipes on the block that have the chrimson rags in them? Where do they go? What about the big nipple under the throttle body? What goes there and where does it go? Also the oil line on the turbo I'm pointing at, what does that connect to. I know it's the oil feed but I can't seen to find the other end to it.

Edited by STiNGR

Kind of hard to show and tell over the web way easier for someone to nip over and spend 5 min explaining it. Being a v7 block it will have 2 crank breathers use the one closest to gearbox and cap off the one further away. The nipple under the tb is pcv valve will tee into crankcase breather and intake id guess. Those vac lines go to solenoid/map sensor stuff on strut tower.

Edited by evowrx

The holes with the rags in them are the crank case/block breather ports. On my block I capped off the smaller centre port and just used the bigger one, (smaller one normally T'd into head breather lines on V7 STI).

The big nipple under the TB is the PCV valve (positive crankcase ventilation valve). PCV Valve delete and breather pipes covered in my conversion thread.

evowrx said:
Kind of hard to show and tell over the web way easier for someone to nip over and spend 5 min explaining it. Being a v7 block it will have 2 crank breathers use the one closest to gearbox and cap off the one further away. The nipple under the tb is pcv valve will tee into crankcase breather and intake id guess. Those vac lines go to solenoid/map sensor stuff on strut tower.

Yes your exactly right it does have 2 breathers, presume they are the ones with the rags in the in the pic where you can see PVC. Ok the closest one to box is like right next to the turbo. So blank the other one off?

Rosssub said:
The holes with the rags in them are the crank case/block breather ports. On my block I capped off the smaller centre port and just used the bigger one, (smaller one normally T'd into head breather lines on V7 STI).

The big nipple under the TB is the PCV valve (positive crankcase ventilation valve). PCV Valve delete and breather pipes covered in my conversion thread.

I've got head breathers on my v4 heads. So maybe I should use the center breather then?

STiNGR said:
I've got head breathers on my v4 heads. So maybe I should use the center breather then?

Your intake pipe should have 2 ports on it (12mm nipples). The block breather goes to one intake pipe port. Then both head breathers T together and feed into the other intake pipe port.

Rosssub said:
Your intake pipe should have 2 ports on it (12mm nipples). The block breather goes to one intake pipe port. Then both head breathers T together and feed into the other intake pipe port.

Ok. I don't have a v3/4 intake pipe yet as the car came with a v5 one. Spose I have to wait till I get the correct intake till I can run pipes.

evowrx said:
Just use any line off an early wrx and use your bolts. The v7 feed splits to avcs and turbo hence the 2 piece pipe.

Correct on the breathers. The smaller one to cap is 16mm iirc and other 19mm.

Oh yup sweet, cheers klint. Can't find where the oil feed on the block is though.