Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bad Metalic Noise - BEB?

chrisjunkie

So I have had a quote for getting the engine rebuilt as I have been told that a shortblock will cost more.

I have three options:

1) Get the engine rebuilt (with risking the turbos - do they blow before 200,000kms??? I have heard they do)

2) Get a second hand engine with the hope it hasn't been raped

3) Get the engine rebuilt and buy a second hand engine to keep as a backup etc.

What do you awesome clubsubbers think I should do? I have decided if I try to sell it I will loose either way so best just to keep it.

Cheers

Chris

dude im just in glendowie i got a bg5 gtb same as reubens and doing a v7 forged build, theres alot of knowlaged between us we work on 1 or 2 subbies everyweekend! currently turning 94 bg5 twin turbo into single turbo with a $500 wrx motor :P pm me you details ill give you yell as its easier over the phone

yeah i talked to matt on the phone he said he would ring strong and find out if they have a v5 or 6 sti engine. Not sure if it will work but apparently all i need is a new ecu. Where are you guys working on sunday? I'd love to come along and have a look

Sunday...good question. Might be working on the TT to T Legacy ;D Or one of the two other wagons...

If Strong have something, he will probably get a good price. I will likely be able to get a better one ;D And yah, just a new ECU... probably a few exhaust bits obviously, if you go for the single conversion (which I'd hope you do) :P Have a look at hat ReubenH did to his legacy for the EXTREME answer to a BEB'd GTB :)

IMO the VF39 IS massive...unless you want something from CAT or Detroit ;D Make boost at about 16,000rpm...

And it's going that way, one day 8) The cams, that is. I think the budget would make it pretty extreme for us young people...

Guest keltik

Ken Block uses standard cams in his car......

Hes clearly an idiot and not nearly as extreme as the man whos rebuild lasted a year.

Guest loren

ken block is the most skillful and good looking driver in the universe.

1 year is not that long to build a motor. just making the casts would take longer than that.

Shale said:

IMO the VF39 IS massive...unless you want something from CAT or Detroit ;D Make boost at about 16,000rpm...

And it's going that way, one day 8) The cams, that is. I think the budget would make it pretty extreme for us young people...

Massive compared to what?