Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2004 Legacy 3.0R Modifications - Ideas?

Guitar_Guy

Hi all,

Picking up my 3.0R Legacy wagon this weekend and I'm looking for a few modification ideas.

I'm not going to spend $5k on a supercharger kit or anything but looking to see what some

of you might have done to yours to make it a little more fun.

Bullet Points:

- It is auto.

- I don't have a huge budget (trying to clear debt, not add significant amounts on to it).

- If there are no decent supporting mods for these I'll end up buying a v5/6 STi or a jetski to go with it closer to summer.

- I will be in Auckland on Saturday (18/07) if there are any bits for sale there this weekend (GeNome Exhaust etc.).

Not this exact one, but identical to it.

14060747aa.jpg

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sweet, main reason I went for the 3.0R is cause they were so much cheaper than the GT's. Would have loved the turbo

but couldn't justify it when the 3.0R has plenty of power anyway.

Might just do a muffler delete to begin with and go from there, they sound pretty damn nice from what I've heard on youtube.

Best mod sell it and get something ej257t...there are no supporting mods for these buy an sti before summer...

Nothing else to contribute. Come show me in couple of weekends so i can tell you how disappointed in you i am.

Haha yeah fair enough too. I am looking at something in the v5/6 STi area for later in the year when it dawns on me what a mistake I have made

but for now the bank account is healthier, the debt is low(er) and I can look at buying something to drive on Sundays and actually do work on and learn a thing or two.

Performance

- K&N or Simota Panel Filter ($40-$130)

- Free flow exhaust system ($1300)

- ECU Tune at PBMS in Pukekohe ($900)

Handling

- Nolathane Lower Control Arm Bushes ($130)

If you wanted to stretch further (cold air box and custom headers) but reckon for $2500 for the above list you would get a fun, nice handling car.

• 2 months later...

You can get a decent e-tune for $400. Matt from the Aussie (Kido_Tuning) forums knows the EZ30 inside out and will make it much nicer to drive. You will need a tactrix cable (or borrow one) but it's worth it.

For Handling start with a Rear sway bar upgrade. Either Whiteline or Cusco. It will reduce the body roll a bit without making it too firm.

kwi_fozze said:
kido_tune is in NZ end of october....

Auckland: 22nd, 23rd, 24th

Wellington: 24th/25th

Christchurch: 25th/26th

Looking at organising a dyno day on the 23rd if anyone if keen. Need to fill the day up a bit to make it worth while. Cost of Dyno will be split between those attending.

Check out the legacygt.com free / cheep mod thread, there's some interesting stuff on there. Mines heading the direction of a good handling cruiser to tow the track car... Kinda over breaking the daily!!! I'm going to try the GT mufflers to see if they make a sound difference. From what I've been reading, a 2.5 inch exhaust seems to be ideal sizing, so the factory turbo legacy exhaust stuff would be perfect.

• Admin

I'll give mine a measure tonight/tomorrow. Still got the car up on ramps from last weekend.

Actually close to dropping some cash into a Invidia quadtip catback for mine. Just still not completely sold on it yet. But prefer it to any of the full on cannon options

Edited by Andy_Mac

Quad tips look pimp on those, or a single cannon type thing if you want the more boyracer look

The massive big genome-spec mufflers hanging under the rear of a lot of them look fcking ridiculous

Keep it subtle I rection, they're a more euro-looking sort of car and suit understated stuff far more than in yo face japanese street racer spec (even though it's a japanese car... Shutup)

I agree that the quads look best. I don't mind the Ultrex single tips that I am running now, but would swap them for a set of STI quads in a heartbeat. Also not wanting to drop even more cash on the exhaust. Daytona has already spent almost 4k on his setup.