Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

New Announcement from BP (to retailers)

Odie

I will be supporting ... for all my petrol from now on if 98 is not available  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I will be supporting ... for all my petrol from now on if 98 is not available

BP is no longer able to supply the Wellington region with enough 98, as a result...

Upper Hutt will no longer supply 98, they will only stock 95 & 91

Melling may still hold 98 but apparently this is still under debate.

Wellington (Road Master) will have 98 & 91

Paramata will no longer supply 98, they will only stock 95 & 91

NOW THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHH ??? Wondered what was going on have been past to fill up twice and seen the temporarily unavaliable sign in Upper Hutt. Have had to go to Caltex to get 96 but cringe as im filling up . Will have to drive into welly to fill up each week I guess.

BP gets the big thumbs down for that decision

Yup... big thumbs down...

I feel like writing to them!!

Poll added to show disgust at decission!!!

And before everyone else around the country says meh just Wellington... WRONG!!!!

It is Nationwide BP are making moves to remove 98 from almost all regions North and South Island.

Vote above and make a comment below I will forward the thread to BP management.

And Make sure you include how many litre's approx you use per week.

I use on average 70 litres per week and if its pulled from Upper Hutt Iwill be trying the lower octane caltex for around town driving . Dont think the Blitzen will like it to much so will have to hunt down some 98 to give it a blow out every now and then.

• General Member

so - bulk buy of Toulene then?

THERE IS A CONTACT LINK ON : http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9009406&contentId=7018282

FYI SNZ stance on blended fuel : http://shrunklink.com/bsvf

Um also Shell is pulling out of NZ (or were making noises in the news to that effect last week)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10556440

Do they have enought Storage in wellington region?

In CHCH/ Canterbury area I know they where running into Storage problems Before they built the new tanks here a few years ago...

They had to build tanks then be cause if they left it any latter The steel wouldnt had been available and we be have fuel sortages now...

They should just run 91 and 98 and ditch 95

What great news to come back to.... >:(

Odie, might be a good time to get on to the usual tuners in the Welly area. In times of recession they'd probably be interested to learn that a good number of us are shafted by this arse decision..... Wonder who'll give us the best discount for a bulk retune?

Guest iceboychch

maybe its a govt. conspiracy... boy racers use 98.. lets fake a shortage! thatl shut them up..

either way.. how the h*** they run out when oil is cheap as chips!???

Yeah i generally use about a tank a week... about 50-60L

Which BP in town is the road master? Don't they have a supply of ultimate in Miramar branch too? that's where i picked up my first wagon and i'm sure i filled it there too....several years ago now.

I too am getting my link tuned next week.... hmmm to run 96 or 98 is the question

Wonder how long Mobil will keep their 8000 for

Retuning is easy,

And yes you will lose some power if your currently WELL tuned for 98

However, some you may benifit from a retune and get better gas mileage or even power increase if current tuning not so good

I am normally fairly busy during the week, but have the option to reschedule my days to suit you

PM me if anyone keen,

Price wise, it's all about time taken.

Current GOOD tunes wont take long to modify, so around $150 for those

Current bad tunes will take longer obviously, but will draw the line at $500max

Be prepared for me to use the entire tank of fuel too :-\

Car will need to be FULLY road legal, I don't like fines and I'm not keen on giving the Govt anymore than I have too !!