Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V7 STI Fuel Surge

TNHSTI

It didn't work very well, but I really wanted to be able to autox with a quarter tank of gas or less, which is probably unrealistic.

I tried one of the metal ones as well... also with limited success...  I then went to an external setup.

11 minutes ago, loner said:

It didn't work very well, but I really wanted to be able to autox with a quarter tank of gas or less, which is probably unrealistic.

I tried one of the metal ones as well... also with limited success...  I then went to an external setup.

so you reckon a Spec C pump like this would be the best option? https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/2209

1 hour ago, V7STI1992 said:

so you reckon a Spec C pump like this would be the best option? https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/2209

I can't say what's best for you... rather than spend that kind of money I would much rather do an external setup, but that's just me. 

Also it's not yet clear why you are getting surge... can you post a none incriminating video of your driving when the surge occurs...

and how much fuel is in the car at the time?

• Like 1

Okay so I pulled it out again - and studied it more closely and found that it is actually a Walbro GSS342 pump and looking at stock pumps the sock looks far to small - oh and that hole in the sock was me when i pulled it out lol

So im guessing i need to get a factory filter/sock - this looks about right? http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/other/auction-1190665099.htm

or can anyone else suggest anything?

Pics of my pump - and inside the tank

20161031_182333.jpg

20161031_182342.jpg

20161031_183235.jpg

20161031_183238.jpg

20161031_183536.jpg

2wdq4yh.jpg

(sorry for the potato quality photo)....right hand is oem, left is a drand new DW sock. the DW sock caused mine to surge... just like yours. imo with a stock sock and good quality pump you shouldnt surge at all. if its not those items it must be something else...

Edited by hunter951

3 minutes ago, hunter951 said:

2wdq4yh.jpg

(sorry for the potato quality photo)....right hand is oem, left is a drand new DW sock. the DW sock caused mine to surge... just like yours. imo with a stock sock and good quality pump you shouldnt surge at all. if its not those items it must be something else...

Did you get fuel surge at half a tank though? - if it only surged on a quarter and under i could live with that - but half a tank is just pathetic

plus the DW in your pic looks way bigger than the sock on mine

1 minute ago, V7STI1992 said:

F**k me then, i cant for the life think what is causing it!?

sorry i cant be of anymore help. all i noticed was when i took the DW sock off mine the slip connection to the pump was really really loose (think i said that in a previous post), i reckon it was sucking air through there. Factory sock fitted far better. id start with getting a OEM sock, seeing as yours now has a hole in it...which wont help, and go from there. 

Right so finally I have fixed this I got a secondhand complete pump assembly and swapped the factory sock onto the walbro 

And wow it has made a HUGE difference! I can't even get it to surge with the fuel light on now

So adding to that if you are changing your pump ALWAYS keep your factory sock filter unless the aftermarket one is the same

See below the difference in the size of the sock filters!

20161103_171442.jpg

Edited by V7STI1992
Spelling
  • Like 4