Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

bad ideal after installing bov

might need to get a plumback bov? i put an hks ssqv on my car a few years ago and it idled poor and revs would die between gears. has something to do with recirculated air and the AFM getting cranky that that air is no longer there. i have a 50/50 plumback one now and its great

sickmatesick said:

might need to get a plumback bov? i put an hks ssqv on my car a few years ago and it idled poor and revs would die between gears. has something to do with recirculated air and the AFM getting cranky that that air is no longer there. i have a 50/50 plumback one now and its great

i fitted factory one and had it unplumd and plumback both worked

G-unit said:

i just fitted my stock bov on the weekend,had a racepro type s with trumpet.never idled funny, have u adjusted the screw on top?

yeah i have playd with screw on top a bit did you have to adjust yours get it to idle

but it did do it with factory one to and pulled it off put it back on and it worked

G-unit said:

na mine has a hard spring in it anyway so wouldnt open at idle, try screwing it in

had it screwed in but i think it was to tight like that i tryd it but i wouldnt work very well

dubbedup said:

have you blocked off the hole where the factory one went...? (possibly wouldn't run at all this way?)

yeah the hole where it plumbd back i blockd that up

G-unit said:

wind it in a bit at a time and go 4 drive should be sweet or the bov is beggered

yeah will give it a try 2morw but bov is shut on idle and opens after reving so could be my set up i will check it all 2morw and tyr what you sed

benz']

[quote name='G-unit said:

wind it in a bit at a time and go 4 drive should be sweet or the bov is beggered

/quote] yeah will give it a try 2morw but bov is shut on idle and opens after reving so could be my set up i will check it all 2morw and tyr what you sed

Possibley is being blown open by boost,(not strong enuff spring) as it shouldnt open when you rev it, just when it goes into vacume,

dubbedup']

[quote name='G-unit said:

/quote] yeah will give it a try 2morw but bov is shut on idle and opens after reving so could be my set up i will check it all 2morw and tyr what you sed

Possibley is being blown open by boost,(not strong enuff spring) as it shouldnt open when you rev it, just when it goes into vacume,

i'd hope it wouldnt open under vacumn?! just under rev wont give you any boost pressure... you have to load the engine to get the turbo to spool, and when you rev it under that scenario it should open. If it is opening just under rev and no load then it is borked

i'd hope it wouldnt open under vacumn?! just under rev wont give you any boost pressure... you have to load the engine to get the turbo to spool, and when you rev it under that scenario it should open. If it is opening just under rev and no load then it is borked

so it shouldnt open when i rev engine then off the revs and it opens

not under load

loren']

[quote name='loren said:

bad ideals = bad parenting. say yes to smacking.

/quote]

lol go and troll in off topic - here is not the place for mummy and daddy issues

sure, I should be posting crap advice all over the place like you eh.

ROFL!!! you cant help yourself. Point me to the crap advice? please

funkytown']

[quote name='loren said:

bad ideals = bad parenting. say yes to smacking.

/quote]

lol go and troll in off topic - here is not the place for mummy and daddy issues

sure, I should be posting crap advice all over the place like you eh.

ROFL!!! you cant help yourself. Point me to the crap advice? please

umm, everything you say is just regurgitated generic rubbish, guess work and miss information, that lacks substance.