Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Legacy 3.0R Value

TNHSTI

Hi guys so have sold my V7 STI and are on the hunt for a nice 4th Gen 2005+ Legacy 3.0R in Manual - just wondering what should I expect be paying for one around the 80-120ks mark? - according to turners auctions one sold on there with 150ks for 7k - which I thought was very cheap?

Most manual ones on tradme with 80-120ks are around the 11-15k?

What should I be paying for one?

• Admin
22 minutes ago, V7STI1992 said:

So why would one on turners gone so cheap? - just typical of turners?

Turners sell cars for so cheap sometimes... People literally just go there and see "oh just another legacy" and move on. So as long as it goes over their 'reserve' it'll sell. 

22 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Turners sell cars for so cheap sometimes... People literally just go there and see "oh just another legacy" and move on. So as long as it goes over their 'reserve' it'll sell. 

Yeah thats what I reckon too oh thats all good 

My cousin in law (heh) picked up an 06 facelift, manual for $10k a few months back.  About 100km on the clock.

Dealer maybe a few grand more.

I sold my 3.0R spec b manual with 140 on the clock, mags, HKS intake and exhaust, adjustables for $14k like 3 or 4 years ago now.

Edited by GorGasmSpecB

I picked up a 2005 3.0R Spec B manual with 123,000 for $10K a few months back (dealership).

The paint was pretty rough, was absolutely covered in super fine scratches (was maybe attacked by birds?) which was maybe the reason for the low price. A cut and polish fixed 95% of that though so all good with me.

Honestly <$12K is a good deal, <$10K is a bargain IMO. Wouldn't pay more than 12K unless it had full NZ service history or something.

15 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Does it have a 6 speed.

Yes it does

14 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

I personally wouldn't spend that much on a pre-face. Even with 44k on the clock.

true but there are hardly any face lift ones around in manual

24 minutes ago, V7STI1992 said:

So what would you suggest? get a higher km facelift?

I would if I were you. 14k is a lot of money for that year and as has been said will depreciate quickly. Yes it does have low k's but still not worth the money to me.

Find a higher k's facelift that has a good service history

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

I would if I were you. 14k is a lot of money for that year and as has been said will depreciate quickly. Yes it does have low k's but still not worth the money to me.

Find a higher k's facelift that has a good service history

yeah keen thanks for that

• Admin
2 minutes ago, V7STI1992 said:

only thig is that facelifts in manual 3.0l are as rare as hens teeth especially because i dont want a dark coloured car white or silver only haha yes im picky

same scenario there 

To be honest, you're significantly more likely to find one there than here. Just saying.

1 minute ago, V7STI1992 said:

only thig is that facelifts in manual 3.0l are as rare as hens teeth especially because i dont want a dark coloured car white or silver only haha yes im picky

Or find a higher ks prefacelift for a lot less money. Again as long as its got some sort of service history then I would not worry about higher ks. My 05 2.5 had about 170k on it but was well serviced and had a good service history so I didn't mind. It drives like its only don half the ks