Sign in to follow this  
ginganinja

Wiring in Mac boost solenoid

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what wiring connector I need, to connect to plug on factory wiring.

Also the car is a V5 so has the air temp sensor above the RH headlight. Anyone here used factory wiring for that sensor to wire in aftermarket IAT? If so did you make an adapter loom to connect between factory wiring and the aftermarket IAT?

I usually go to wreckers and grab a connector off the car somewhere else that is the same. Gearbox or other sensors motors like AVCS  Could be a match. Take the factory sensor and see what fits.
not that anyone needs an excuse to go to wandering around pick a part.

Then Solder join the wreckers cutoff to the aftermarket ones and heat shink it. Tiny blob of silicone sealer inside heat shrinks works. 

11 minutes ago, Gripless said:

I usually go to wreckers and grab a connector off the car somewhere else that is the same. Gearbox or other sensors motors like AVCS  Could be a match. Take the factory sensor and see what fits.
not that anyone needs an excuse to go to wandering around pick a part.

Then Solder join the wreckers cutoff to the aftermarket ones and heat shink it. Tiny blob of silicone sealer inside heat shrinks works. 

Cheers for the tip. Great idea.

Also buying whole looms for spares is not an addiction. 
crashed cars from private sellers often sell whole looms really cheap or will cut bits off. Way cheaper than wreckers