Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Club Auto Insurance??

nt_a_foz

ben-jamminn']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

hmm might give them a ring..bet theyl be expensvie as only 19 ...

/quote]

I'm 19 and I pay 900 a year for full cover, v3 STi with aftermarket wheels and exhaust..

$500 less than NAC quoted

for real!! dam man. Exact same as me, (v4 but the same to them) but mines 1.7k a year. sacks!! im 17, but i thought it didnt matter wat age u were if u were under 25?

Yeah its strange, the same company, but club auto always is cheaper rates. the question is WHY

also, i know u can insure separate items say if ur a true home boi and you got rims half the price of your ride. But say if someone stole my average after market rims, is it covered in a separate accessories thing. Coz i remember when they were giving the details ages ago, something about accessories covered up to 1g or something ???

or is it the normal excess? which would suck

boostcut said:

nac and club auto both are the same company.. they have the same phisycal address in whangarei

It's a PO Box. Not even the same PO Box.

Given that NAC is underwritten by IAG ie. State, and Club Auto is underwritten by Tower, I find this difficult to believe unless they have seperate business divisions for being underwritten by different providers, which seems a little dumb.

Unless you're talking about an actual physical address that neither of them want to tell me on their websites, in which case I beleive you :P. But having different divisions is still dumb sounding

when i rang up to change from National Auto Club to club auto, i got confused and told the lady im going to be changing to auto club? she was like HUH? ohhh u mean club auto darling? i was like yeahh! she had a little giggle then explained how its owned by the same man. He created NAC and then went on and created Auto club.

They seemed prety good for me aye, not a whole lot cheaper than State which im currently insured with but I'll change to them pretty soon as I've exceeded the 25% mod value on the GTB. The driver training they do looks like it would be worth a go too, the theft exces was also $1500 cheaper than state. My flatmate is with Club auto and has had no dramas with them, looks like it should be a decent company to go with.

DPI said:

I know a lot of you guys have had good, or bad, experiences with insurance companies. But, in reality, there needs to be no loyalty here, just go with whoever gives the best deal,

Right on my man.

I make myself shop around for the best deal every year. I then take it to my insurer AMI who meet it.

When I ask them why it needs competition for them to drop my price they just say "we just want to keep your business, sir".

All these guys are good for is to be used as heavies when some uninsured tw@t crashes into you. They make them pay the company $5 per week, giving you the payout!

Sorry im just cynical!

• 3 months later...

state is the worst insurance company i had to deal with...had an accident one time in the old corrolla fxgt and they took frikkin foreever to fix it...they would look around for the cheapest price on the parts needed and just drag it out...worst part was i took it to 1 of their "approved" repairers and even though i didnt know shit about body repairs even i could see it was a real dodgy job...ended ringing the assesor and showing him the job they did and blasting him for crap arse service..even the assesor was saying wtf at the job!

nope never going with state again :-[ :-